Quantcast

Maribor World Cup Round #1 & #2

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Fucken PS4

Missed Brook (scares me watching him now anyway)

Chromecast FTW

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
So Wilson has a concussion?

Is Shandro's son able to race again after his concussion in early 2019?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The Frenchists took the top 2 in La Classe de Femmes as well, would have liked to see a specific Aussie at the top, but 3rd isn't bad. Entire Syndicate in the top 10, Moir and Brosnan in the top 10 and a good day for Commencal/Muc Off with 2 2nds and a 3rd. Good shit, will watch the replay.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
The Frenchists took the top 2 in La Classe de Femmes as well, would have liked to see a specific Aussie at the top, but 3rd isn't bad. Entire Syndicate in the top 10, Moir and Brosnan in the top 10 and a good day for Commencal/Muc Off with 2 2nds and a 3rd. Good shit, will watch the replay.
I don't know if I could attribute it to the bikes, but I noticed the Commies called for a much more physical approach wih regards to bike handling. The Santa Cruz guys looked a lot smoother than the frenchies. Granted, not everyone drives a limo, but the Intense bikes looked much more composed than the Commencals too.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
that was fun. vergier's one of my favorites to watch . . . he's been really close to wins so many times but always wrecks. good to see him put a strong run together all the way down. daprela was impressive. decent day for minaar and luca too.

missed watching pierron and greenland on this course.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I don't know if I could attribute it to the bikes, but I noticed the Commies called for a much more physical approach wih regards to bike handling. The Santa Cruz guys looked a lot smoother than the frenchies. Granted, not everyone drives a limo, but the Intense bikes looked much more composed than the Commencals too.
Potential Rock Shox vs Fox shennanagins? Your examples of being smooth are Fox bikes, and un-smooth are RS.

Jordi didn't want to hear Loris talk about his bike going whicka-ticka-woopwoopwoop-psssshhhhh so he got that thing dialed, and then put the same tune in Minnaar, Shaw, and team-Hydroxychloroquin's bike.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Loris had an insane run, but Thirion really set the tone for the last several riders including Vergier. Always one of my favorites to watch, stoked to see him getting back into fighting form.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Loris had an insane run, but Thirion really set the tone for the last several riders including Vergier. Always one of my favorites to watch, stoked to see him getting back into fighting form.
this. great to see him getting results again. love his alternative line choice style.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Ok so had Thibaut not gone berko in the first corner his time would have been very interesting.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Ok so had Thibaut not gone berko in the first corner his time would have been very interesting.
A near off at the bottom as well. Next Vouilloz may not be just hype.

During Gee's course preview he was like "there's a dick shaped tree...not sure why" (something like that, it was easy to miss.)
Takes one to know one, I guess?

Amazing how physical the sport is these days. Between the equipment and modern training programs it's crazy how fast these guys and gals go.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Is that cracking/clapping sound from the wheels? Wasn’t sure if it was from bottoming out but it happens over roots and during G-outs where I wouldn’t expect full compression. I have noticed it a lot with the V 10s. If it’s from the wheels then wow and a bit of a sound track in the Vital vid.
Could be the frame too. I have a v10.6, can confirm it's noisy.