Quantcast

Marijuana

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by BurlySurly

Actually, half my job is working as a 'diplomat' (community relations) for Marine Corps public affairs, but i guess since you just categorized me in such a "black and white" group, you wouldnt have time to consider the grey area. :rolleyes:

You really shouldnt have walked into that one.
walked into what? PR and negotiation are two very different jobs, however much you may fancy them the same.

Negotation involves organizing compromises that are to the benefit of two or more different groups. PR involves being single minded, with a smile on your face.

In that respect, you are an excellent candidate.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
While the majority of people have tried MJ, only a minority carry on with constant use.
Huh... interesting fact. Maybe it's because it's NOT addictive to the majority of the population.

Stop arguing against yourself.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by LoboDelFuego
Only on the issue of drugs. And mind you, I don't go around broadcasting these things at school so as not to offend the gangster/drug dealer/drug user/imbecile population. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
ok well whatever. i think if you honestly feel strongly on something like this you wouldn't care what other ppl thought about your own opinions reguardless of how many ass whoopins you might be on the receiving end of....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by valve bouncer
No no no BS I mean that the world doesn't need you getting any dumber as you're already quite dumb enough as it is:D ;) :D . You seem to be getting some competition today from Lobodelfuego though- you been mentoring him or what????;) :p

:o: yawn.

Youre now heading down the same path as Ohio, and BB. Petty insults will get you nowhere as usual. Thats generally what people do when they run out of points i guess.

Good try though guy
;)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

Youre now heading down the same path as Ohio, and BB. Petty insults will get you nowhere as usual. Thats generally what people do when they run out of points i guess.

Good try though guy
;)
Yup... you got us.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by indieboy
ok well whatever. i think if you honestly feel strongly on something like this you wouldn't care what other ppl thought about your own opinions reguardless of how many ass whoopins you might be on the receiving end of....
Since when has talking to violent idiots gotten anyone anywhere Indie. The guy's playing it smart, and all these thugs will see when Lobo's a well educated drug free contributing member to society, and the rest of them are smoking dank on the front steps of their nearly repo'd trailer.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Since when has talking to violent idiots gotten anyone anywhere Indie. The guy's playing it smart, and all these thugs will see when Lobo's a well educated drug free contributing member to society, and the rest of them are smoking dank on the front steps of their nearly repo'd trailer.
just about as bad as blowin smoke out your ass huh? :devil:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by ohio
Huh... interesting fact. Maybe it's because it's NOT addictive to the majority of the population.

Stop arguing against yourself.

Maybe its the same reason that most people have had a drink, and arent alcoholics genius. Even though it is addictive.

Not everyone would get addicted to legalized drugs, but those who do would be a major problem we dont need.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Maybe its the same reason that most people have had a drink, and arent alcoholics genius. Even though it is addictive.

Not everyone would get addicted to legalized drugs, but those who do would be a major problem we dont need.
why so they can't sit on their ass and eat cheetos all day? man that's a HUGE problem......

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
just about as bad as blowin smoke out your ass huh? :devil:
ding ding ding.

minus 27 points for unoriginality chief.

Way to support your point there guy.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
ding ding ding.

minus 27 points for unoriginality chief.

Way to support your point there guy.
lol hey man it's gonna get used a lot so get used to it :monkey:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
why so they can't sit on their ass and eat cheetos all day? man that's a HUGE problem......
well it is when the welfare checks from there not working start draining my tax dollars fella.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Maybe its the same reason that most people have had a drink, and arent alcoholics genius.
You realize you're agreeing with me...

By the way, point out my petty insults. I merely said your world is black and white. So is my buddy Josh's. It makes his life very easy, and he's one of the happiest folks I know. But there are things he's good at, and things he's bad at. Somehow he managed to get on with his life while understanding that.

edit: I just realized that same Josh is that one that once told me "it should never be an insult if it's the truth." Fitting.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

Good try though guy
;)
LOL...way to prove my point Einstein I put those smilies in to show I was joking but you obviously are such a straight hander that even when something is put right in front of your nose you can't even see it. Good luck turning 21 kid but you've still got a long way to go before you're an adult:rolleyes:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
well it is when the welfare checks from there not working start draining my tax dollars fella.
Maybe you wouldn't have to pay for so much welfare if so many fathers weren't imprisoned on petty drug charges...

(Yes, I know he shouldn't have committed the crime, but congratulations on figuring out a way to punish both his family and taxpayers for it...)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by ohio
Maybe you wouldn't have to pay for so much welfare if so many fathers weren't imprisoned on petty drug charges...

(Yes, I know he shouldn't have committed the crime, but congratulations on figuring out a way to punish both his family and taxpayers for it...)
Oh for chrissakes, any father who would willingly associate himself with illegal drugs, to the point that he could lose his family, obviously doesnt much care about his family anyway. Its not like people go to prison for years over having a dime bag.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
LOL...way to prove my point Einstein I put those smilies in to show I was joking but you obviously are such a straight hander that even when something is put right in front of your nose you can't even see it. Good luck turning 21 kid but you've still got a long way to go before you're an adult:rolleyes:
ahyuk hyuk hyuk.

dangit paw. that summich tricked me.:rolleyes:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Its not like people go to prison for years over having a dime bag.
I suggest you remove your cranium from your rectum and do some reading up about the drug war if you believe that.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
The way you all are attacking me personally, simply illustrates how little actual argument you have. How about sticking to the issue.

Tru

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
BurlySurly and I have a response for everything and anything that you say. Why? because we're right. This is truly not a matter of opinion.

Wow... spoken like a true high school kid.... Fuego the All-Knowing.... we should all bow down while you grace us with your presence..... :rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I suggest you remove your cranium from your rectum and do some reading up about the drug war if you believe that.
man,

I know TONS of people who have got minor posession charges against them. If one or two guys got screwed somewhere because they were making an example of them.....GOOD!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
ahyuk hyuk hyuk.

dangit paw. that summich tricked me.:rolleyes:
ROTFLMAO- mate you are a riot. Honestly now tell me something, do you practice saluting in the mirror. BE HONEST!!!!!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
ROTFLMAO- mate you are a riot. Honestly now tell me something, do you practice saluting in the mirror. BE HONEST!!!!!
Not anymore, ive got it down now after a few years.

I see you've still got nothing of any relevance to add here, so im not going to respond to this "childish" nonsense anymore. Please find a point.

mate

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
The way you all are attacking me personally, simply illustrates how little actual argument you have. How about sticking to the issue.
NO... we are not attacking you personally b/c of the issue.
Others here are anti legalization too..

We are attacking you b/c you are a butt-nut and deserve a:nuts:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by -BB-
NO... we are not attacking you personally b/c of the issue.
Others here are anti legalization too..

We are attacking you b/c you are a butt-nut and deserve a:nuts:
clever:rolleyes:

And you're a moderator.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
-BB-, would you stop just electronically nodding your head and surrendering? This is a debate forum!:D
This is pointless now.

My points were reasonably explained and when I refuse to say them for the umpteenth time you guys say "SEE... YOU HAVE NO POINT SO OYU DEGRADE TO NAME CALLING"

You have your points, I have mine.
Neither of us are congressmen or the president, so there is no point in us bickering.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by -BB-
This is pointless now.

My points were reasonably explained and when I refuse to say them for the umpteenth time you guys say "SEE... YOU HAVE NO POINT SO OYU DEGRADE TO NAME CALLING"

You have your points, I have mine.
Neither of us are congressmen or the president, so there is no point in us bickering.
I feel that there is a point, and it sort of frustrates me that in arguing with you, ive wasted my time because you obviously have no serious conviction on this issue. This is the "political debate" forum.....where we bicker.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I feel that there is a point, and it sort of frustrates me that in arguing with you, ive wasted my time because you obviously have no serious conviction on this issue. This is the "political debate" forum.....where we bicker.
I don't have conviction?
Yeah...:rolleyes:

Obviously we BOTH have a LOT of conviction and are not going to be able to win over the other.
I'm the only one smart enough to realize it.

You ARE right though, we ahve BOTH wasted each others time.
I apologize. I'll give you back your few hours (or whatever) if you give me back mine.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Not anymore, ive got it down now after a few years.

I see you've still got nothing of any relevance to add here, so im not going to respond to this "childish" nonsense anymore. Please find a point.

mate
What's the use of arguing with you, you've got a stick so far up ya hoop it comes out the top of your head. You refuse to even entertain the possibility that there are ways to solve the problem other than legal ones. You say you have no moral problems with alcohol but you have a moral problem drugs yet you see no difference between the two. Your whole arguement revolves around the idea that drugs are illegal because they're bad and that they're bad because they're illegal. You argue that if marijuana is decriminalised then more people will do it but ignore the fact that international studies have shown that not to be the case. You yourself say that alcohol is more addictive than marijuana even further proving my point even though you do need to study up a bit more on what addiction actually is.
You can't even make the necessary leap of imagination to work out that most of the problems we see with drugs stem from their illegality. Your only answer is more laws, more police, more prisons. The war on drugs is lost, it was un-winnable from the start because when it comes down to it what I put into my body is my concern and my concern only.
Basically it comes down to this- people are going to use drugs whether Mr Straight down the line Marine likes it or not and the people using those drugs are going to be the people you see and deal with everyday. Now most of those people are going to use drugs responsibly just as most people use alcohol responsibly most of the time. When the time comes where a few of those people have problems with their drug use are you a) going to help them or b) condemn them and throw them in jail. I know your answer is "b" but that's really just your pride. The present system doesn't work BS, something else must be tried.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Hey, your proctologist called. They found your head!
;)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN

Basically it comes down to this- people are going to use drugs whether Mr Straight down the line Marine likes it or not and the people using those drugs are going to be the people you see and deal with everyday. Now most of those people are going to use drugs responsibly just as most people use alcohol responsibly most of the time. When the time comes where a few of those people have problems with their drug use are you a) going to help them or b) condemn them and throw them in jail. I know your answer is "b" but that's really just your pride. The present system doesn't work BS, something else must be tried.
I dont believe thats what it comes down to dude. The scope is much much wider than that, and while i agree that the current system may not be perfect, i believe that its alot better than simply legalizing it because its too big of a problem to be handled cheaply.
If we tried it your way, and things didnt work, the cost would be too big to ever back track.
When the majority of the population agrees with you, they will elect an official who represents that point of view and get things changed. Thankfully, i dont think most people will ever want drugs made legal.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I dont believe thats what it comes down to dude. The scope is much much wider than that, and while i agree that the current system may not be perfect, i believe that its alot better than simply legalizing it because its too big of a problem to be handled cheaply.
If we tried it your way, and things didnt work, the cost would be too big to ever back track.
When the majority of the population agrees with you, they will elect an official who represents that point of view and get things changed. Thankfully, i dont think most people will ever want drugs made legal.
See you don't offer any solutions but admit that there's a problem. It's just a metronomic mantra of drugs are bad, drugs are bad. Tell me how you would make the present system better and no saying "more police, more prisons" because that's what's happening now.
And BS I think you'd be surprised what the population would accept if it made them feel safer. At the very least marijuana should be decriminalised immediately.