Quantcast

Marin Area places to ride & rent a bike?

MetalMayhem

Chimp
May 17, 2008
east coast
I'll be visiting relatives in Marin (kinda close to san Jose/ san Francisco area I think) and really want to get a lot of riding in while I'm there because I've heard there's a lot out there (??) But I won't be able to bring a bike with me, so I will need to rent one. I ride downhill, slalom, cross country, and dirt jumps, (so anything) but I'm assuming all that I will be able to rent will be XC bikes. Any one know of a good place to rent a high end XC/XM bike and know where to ride it??? :confused: Really looking for some fast, technical trails with maybe some good views! Never been to that part of the country before so looking forward to some good trails.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Marin is just north of SF. There aren't a ton of legal trails of your description though. Look at Sunshine Cyclery in Fairfax for a demo bike and a permit to ride at Tamo. It's only $5 for the permit and has a good variety of technical and fast terrain.

MetalMayhem

Chimp
May 17, 2008
east coast
Marin is just north of SF. There aren't a ton of legal trails of your description though. Look at Sunshine Cyclery in Fairfax for a demo bike and a permit to ride at Tamo. It's only $5 for the permit and has a good variety of technical and fast terrain.
man thanks for the recommendation! that's exactly what I did, I rented a trek fuel from sunshine bikes and rode that 10 mile mtn loop down the street from the shop. rode it twice actually. beautiful area!