Quantcast

marin quake 7.3

rokshox

Chimp
Jul 3, 2007
ashburn
i tried searching but dont see too much about the marin quakes. anyone have any thoughts on this bike to be used more as a FR than DH. Maybe compared to a Morewood Shova LT/ST or a Dirtbag. thanks.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
i tried searching but dont see too much about the marin quakes. anyone have any thoughts on this bike to be used more as a FR than DH. Maybe compared to a Morewood Shova LT/ST or a Dirtbag. thanks.
Some of the Snowshoe guys race them and like the way they feel. Thier setups have a Boxxer Team on them. Try in the Virginia Forum.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
I have ridden loads of different stuff. From XC-DH on mine, and love it in every manner. Its just a fun bike to ride all around. Just make sure you get one with a coil.

I have one that I am willing to sell for around $800 without a fork if you are interested.

juk_lano

Chimp
Jun 27, 2007
Very moto like. Imagine if that thing got a zap from the All Spark!?

All hell would break loose. It would start chopping peoples heads off. That rear could support a missile launcher.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
during crankworx last year i demoed a 7.3, that was a weird bike. i was seriously considering one for awhile though. despite only having 6.7 inches of travel, it completely plowed through everything. it didn't jump well even when the marin guys set it up to my weight. that's saying something when i was coming off of a kona rental. i never have ridden anything that blasted through the rough like that bike though, it made short work of everything in garbo. the rear end stays completely glued to the ground, but i can see how it would ride much better with a 180 or 200mm fork. a boxxer would work well with it, i just thought that the 36 that i rode with it was too short and made the head angle steep.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
888WC runs perfect for DH. But not sure why you had trouble jumping it, I find it jumps good. And flicks like a 4X in the air.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Always liked the looks of marins. Lets pray they don't **** up the geo. The bb on the pic looks low though.