Quantcast

Marinades

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I'm always looking for a good marinade recipie. I usually do the "homemade" route (Different combo's of Italian dressing, garlic powder, hot sauce, mustard, balsamic dressing, butter, cilantro, seasoning salt, bbq sauce, etc) as opposed to the off the shelf variety. Anyone have a favorite? Steak, chicken, and chops. Doesn't matter. Kabobs, also. :)

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
current chicken marianade, in the works (chix defrosting on sink)

BBQ sauce (your choice)
coarse ground pepper
tabasco chipotle sauce (their habanero would have been nice as well)

other chicken ideas:

the simple tried-and-true: italian dressing- I go for Bernsteins due to the pepper and bits in it.

most oil/vinnegar salad dressings will do nicely.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
tabasco chipotle sauce (their habanero would have been nice as well)
Their Chipotle, Habanero, and Garlic are so much better than the original. Better flavor and less vineagar. All 3 are always in my fridge. :cool:

And speaking of Chipotle, this was in with the new bottle:

Surly

Chimp
I love the Chipotle sauce. I go through a bottle every two weeks now.

I liked the recipes, btw.

Chipotle Baked Beans:

1 can of baked beans
Chipotle sauce to taste

Genius!! Sheer freaking genius!:rolleyes:

Meat marinade:

1 cup red wine
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbs worsticher (sp?)
1 tbs minced garlic
Fresh ground peppper

Marinate at will!

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
I have and recommend a book called:

barbeque bible: sauces, rubs, and marinades. Bastes, butters and glazes.
By Steven Raichlen

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
fave salmon marinade involves chopped garlic, zest and juice of an orange, soy sauce, grated ginger and fresh chopped cilantro. through a bit of oil in too.

i don't like using bbq sauces as marinades because the sugar will burn as you grill it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Grill boneless pork chops after marinating in:

1 part worchestershire
1 part soy
heaping spoonful of expensive dijon mustard (get the country-style that has a grainy texture) Use not quite enough to make the marinade pasty.
Caraway seed, enough to ensure the meat gets good coverage as it's taken out to be cooked.

Caraway seed and pork were made for one another. I put a sprinkle of it on my filet mignon, too...wrap with bacon and make cream sauce with peppercorns and bourbon...mmmmmmm.

MD

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hmmm....haven't tried caraway seeds w/ pork yet. i do like fennel seeds on 'em though.

i did a new-to-me marinade for lamb chops tonight. chop an onion, throw in some chopped cilantro, a tsp of fresh ground cumin (mortars and pestles are key), and a bit of oil. salt and pepper the chops, spread the onion paste on and let sit for an hour so, then grill 'em up.