Quantcast

Marrington pictures (there are lots....)

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
They aren't the best pictures as all I had was my lil point and click digital and I'm not that good at taking pictures.

Some of these are from Marrington, some are from a little pit near Marrington, and some are from BD-DV07's local spot (I'm sure you can PM him for directions)

The DJ's and berms there at Marrington are coming along nicely so thanks to the people have been putting in a lot of time working on them (you know who you are).

If you do ride there, you'll notice that there's a new double, a new berm after said double, and a new hip-ish type thing that there aren't any pictures of.

Pics:

Here he is, the man responsible for a significant portion of the jumps:

Photog's meager attempt at hitting a double...

I got more, but these were the best ones.
So all in all, we had a great time there in Chucktown, and most importantly, Congrats BD-DV07 on getting hitched!!!!!

boomhower

Chimp
Mar 17, 2008
Goose Creek
I live in Goose Creek and am looking for some trails for jumping and whatnot. Let me know when you guys are going out there again if you dont mind...also, where were the "secret trails" around n. charleston? i know of some in summerville were there is a much bigger hill/drops than "the pit" out at marrington. Let me know if you want to get up and build or ride.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
It's not likely I personally will be down there for quite some time as we were just visiting for BikerDave's wedding. The secret trails aren't much, but they're in the works. For directions, send a PM to BD-DV07. I wish I had known about bigger hills/drops or we would've come to ride those too. So yeah, PM Dave and he'll get you set up with some local trails...

PS, he's currently on his honeymoon so he doesn't have access to a computer... give him about a week to respond...

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I ran into you guys Saturday. Great job on the jumps. Went back Sunday and a friend ate it big but did it with a eat sh!t grin on his face lol. Cool talking with you guys.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
good stuff, looks like you've done well with the natural terrain.
that has GOT to be in the same geographic region as fort bragg or somewhere just inland of the coast. those pine tree/sand fields just look way too familiar ;)

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I have to say that they have the BEST dirt down there for building jumps. Clay mixed with dirt mixed with sand. It's ridiculously easy to shovel, and packs like a charm.... I'm extremely jealous. It's near whatever navy base is there in Chucktown. Other then that, I couldn't tell you where it was....

On a side note, to make the weekend even more awesome, we saw an alligator... or crocodile.... we're not sure but it was the mutts nuts!

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Charleston Naval Weapons Station. It is where they have the nuke school here on the east coast.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
good stuff, looks like you've done well with the natural terrain.
that has GOT to be in the same geographic region as fort bragg or somewhere just inland of the coast. those pine tree/sand fields just look way too familiar ;)
thanks dude, Pete and Nick really help'd out when i was busy with doing wedding stuff, I was working really hard getting the spots ready for the boys from VA to come down, I really haven't made the most out of CHarleston, but now i'm getting all my moneys worth! lots of work to be done this week!! more pics to come!

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Big props to Dave and the guys that did the work out at Marrington!!! Rode the BMX area today, and had a blast!!! Maybe we could get together next weekend for a work/ride day. IMBA will be there and we might be able to get some suggestions. Anyways good work guys!!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Hey all, will be at Marrington most of the day Monday and Thursday for trail work at the BMX area. will be talking to the Land mangr. to get some dirt delivered out there, and get a few ok's on a new trail or two! Also, I'm going to see if we can get the name changed to the Marrington Freeride park or something cooler than "BMX Area". also, i'm going to see if we can move the teeter from over by the pit, i think it will be more at home in the future Marrington FRP. Everyone plan on a ride day next Sunday!! i'll be there, will you?