Quantcast

Mary Ann likes Mary Jane

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
DRIGGS, Idaho — Perhaps they should have called her Mary Jane.

A surprise birthday party for Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," ended with a nearly three-hour tour of the Teton County sheriff's office and jail when the 69-year-old was caught with marijuana in her vehicle while driving home.
the correct link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336817,00.html

but this is still funny: http://www.holytaco.com/2008/03/10/reporter-hates-anchor-anchor-hates-reporter/

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Haha, WTF was she doing in Driggs of all places?

*edit* - maybe she went to party with the potato

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Interesting how a 69 year old woman pulls the same excuses ("Its not mine, really. My friend must have left it in my car") as a 17 year old kid...
And what kind of a dick Idaho cop would bust Mary Ann for criminy sakes? I would tell her how she was hotter than that tramp Ginger, and how her and Barbara Eden were the reason to hurry home from grade 4. And how I wanted to be Gilligan, and why the f*ck if the Profeesor was so smart, could he not get them off the island? I'll tell you why, cuz he was trying to tap her sweet little ganja smoking pie making ass, thats why. And that Ginger needed some serious ATM action, just to put her in her place. And that Skipper was just cranky because Clint Eastwood wasted his ass in Hang em high, and that Mr Howell only took Luvvy along on the infamous "3 hour cruise" because he wanted to pitch her wrinkly ass overboard and pretend that she disapeared.
Long day at work today, lotta pent up energy...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
She shoulda told the cops that it wasn't really weed, but shredded coconut husk still left over from that "cruise" way back when.

"Seriously, Sir, that sh*t is like sand, it gets in everything and you never get it out."

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
I guess she should've tried smoke signals back on the island. Or maybe we know what was growing on the island that they never wanted to leave?:busted:

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Arrest a 69 year old woman for pot possesion. Oh yeah there's a real criminal for you! :disgust1:

We really need to legalize pot.
Seriously, it's not like it's near the end of the month and the cop wanted to make his quota. What was his problem anyway?

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
I've got money that says he was picked on in high school and became a cop to get instant respect and power.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
He was (supposedly) from the wrong side of oakland, and likely got a dishonorable discharge from the military.

Even better, he got the sh!t beaten out of him after the dog incident along with another uniformed officer at a Mexican party at the county fairgrounds...the local Mexicans HATE a mex-american officer more than just about anything.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
He was (supposedly) from the wrong side of oakland, and likely got a dishonorable discharge from the military.

Even better, he got the sh!t beaten out of him after the dog incident along with another uniformed officer at a Mexican party at the county fairgrounds...the local Mexicans HATE a mex-american officer more than just about anything.
Sounds like a chicken sh!t that needs a badge and a gun before he dares to confront anyone.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Text:

A Teton County, Idaho family is outraged after they say a sheriff's deputy tried to murder their dog in their own front yard.

The Barboza family has owned their dog Bobby for five years. A few days ago they say a Teton County Idaho Sheriff's Deputy knocked on their door demanding to see the dog.

Leonel Barboza, Dog Owner: "He says, 'I'm here to put him down. I'm here to kill him.'"

The officer told Leo Barboza there had been a complaint Bobby had bitten someone.

Barboza: "I said, 'Do you have any proof or anything?' He says, 'I don't need any proof.'"

So Leo got the dog while the deputy pulled out a rifle from his car. They walked a few feet from the Barboza's home where Leo's wife and his three year old son were inside.

Leo and the officer tied the dog to a pole when the deputy fired three shots. The dog then collapsed. Leo's son heard the gunshots and opened the front door. Meanwhile...

Barboza: "A bunch of kids just got off the bus and they were all on the street. All the kids were watching the officer shooting the dog. My heart was broken seeing an officer killing my dog."

The deputy then got in his vehicle and drove away leaving the dog bleeding profusely from his head almost dead.

Barboza: "I came back inside with my wife and hid. We were hugging each other crying about our dog because we were gonna miss him. He's been with us for five years."

That night Leo's father-in-law, who witnessed the whole thing, had a nervous breakdown and had to be hospitalized. When the family returned home from the hospital a few days later, they were shocked to see their dog alive.

Barboza: "My wife called me up and she's like, 'Hey, the dog's alive!' I was like, 'What are you serious?' I was happy my dog was alive."

The Teton County Idaho Sheriff wouldn't say much about this case except that it's still under investigation. He also said there's been numerous complaints about the Barboza's dog. But when I checked court records, I could only find one complaint filed last year and that was dismissed.

Nate Eaton, Channel 3 Eyewitness News: "Did your dog ever bite anybody?"

Barboza: "Not to my knowledge. No."

Eaton: "And this was the first time you'd ever heard of any complaint?"

Barboza: "Yes, this is the first time. I still think about it. You know my kid thinks all the cops are bad because an officer came and shot his dog. Honestly when I think about it I get mad too and I don't trust that officer any more."

The Barboza's took Bobby to the vet. He's now on medication to get the wounds taken care of. The holes in his head will be sewn up after Thanksgiving.

The family has hired attorney Josh Garner. I spoke with him this evening and he says, "If the facts are as they appear, the deputies behavior is disgusting, troublesome, and appalling. The officer needs to be held responsible."

Several sources say the officer is still on duty and still working in the county.