Quantcast

Marz 44 rattle

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
Is it normal for a 44 TST2 Air to rattle on the rough stuff? Mine is just 3 rides old and started rattling.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
My 44 Micro Ti is quiet. 4 rides on it now. Yeah, not exactly the same, but it's a data point. I'd call Marz-USA; they seem pretty helpful.
- Joe

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
Seems that the rattling was caused by not having the lockout knob installed, it fell on the first ride and was without it for a couple of rides. After the replacement knob was installed and the bike ridden the rattling went away.

Any suggestions on setup for the 44 TST2? Currently have the air chamber at 60psi and the rebound towards the faster setting.

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
It's not so nice IMO, as posted the lockout/compression knob fell on the first ride and rattled without it. After getting the replacement knob the rattling went away and has remained quiet. Tweaked with the air preload and rebound, my preference is a fast rebound and plush but haven't been able to find the sweet spot yet. Currently riding at 65psi and is not so good on small bumps but works OK on the rest.

Conclusion, I got what I paid for. Payed less than $300 for it so I shouldn't complain much, it's far better that the Suntour Radion that it replaced.