Quantcast

marz 55 tst2?

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
anyone have any experience with this fork?

gf is ordering her new fork tomorrow and its between this and a domain. i know the domain is a solid fork but i havent rode marzocchi since 2005 and i know they had a few issues. are they sorted because the deal for the new fork is killer

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
run far away from the tst...

That is my opinion any way....Anything from Marz between 07 and ??? with an acronym seems pretty supect.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
I agree with previous posters, put the fork down and back away.

Quite a few customers have come in with that TST-cart not working.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Sold mine the day I bought the wife's bike.
My buddy had problems with his after a few rides. He sent it in and has no problems since.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Ran an 08 for a season, had to go back to Marz twice due to the TST cartridge. But, I got less time out a domain (8 rides on a HT) before it almost locked completely and the U turn adjust would spin the entire top cap.

Just got an 2010 55RC3 TI but no ride time.

foesrider

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
north east mass.
i have an O8 55TST2..been riding it for about a year now.it works good for what i use it for. hard xc, very lite fr..i had it hydo-lock on me once.didn't even notice it for a few rides..but was easy to fix. mtbr has a couple of threads on how to purge it and even turn the tst lock out in to a shim stack..
all in all it works good for the $$$
\
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=410874

Last edited:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
steer well clear sold a few in the shop where i work and they all came back repeatedly for various problems with the tst cartridge. Not getting full travel and the ata ones creap down from full travel

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Its pretty easy to convert it to a shimmed damper if you're interested in that sort of thing (there are a couple of very extensive write ups on MTBR), so its not total crap because the chassis is fine. But yah, tst2 is complete crap.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Its pretty easy to convert it to a shimmed damper if you're interested in that sort of thing (there are a couple of very extensive write ups on MTBR), so its not total crap because the chassis is fine. But yah, tst2 is complete crap.
thats good and all, but why buy a brand new fork that youll just have to modify to work somewhat good?
sounds like a Boxxer

Last edited:

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Well she chose the 55 today, ill see how it goes, we haven't sold any marz in a year or 2 where i work so no chances to see any fail lately. If it does have to be modded ill check out those threads