Quantcast

Marz' Roco users - clunky?

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Just got hold of a Roco, and as much as I really like it (it suits my lack of style) it makes a bit of a clunk noise when it first starts compressing (from any point in the travel). Bit strange as usually shocks seem to be the other way around.

Anyone else's shock do the same thing?

Cheers,

Mark

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
My 2008 Roco wc did this and as a result the shock body unthreaded itself from the reservoir. Just make sure everything is tight. If not my other guess is that the C-clip that holds the main piston together is lose.

Good luck Other then that a superb shock.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
It might be the main "wc" valve or whatever you wanna call it on the inside that's loose. Might have to open it up :'(. Also, on mine once the bushing was binding at top out, which might cause some noise.

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
Glide ring

Its a loose fit on the piston. Feels like a little clunk... A large number of Roco's have this issue. I was told it does not affect performance, just annoying. Don't know if I believe that.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
mine was doing the same thing. get it serviced. whether it was affecting performance or not, i couldnt tell. but definitely a good idea to get it checked out.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Too much air in the oil chamber. Do a search. The fix has been talked about a lot. I fixed mine in about 10 minutes.

robert716

Chimp
Feb 22, 2010
Reno, Nevada
The fix for my Roco Coil R, which came off the showroom a few weeks ago with the same clunking phenomenon, was to add air to the reservoir (it was well below spec.) Once set to the proper 180 psi, the clunking went away completely.