Quantcast

Marzocchi 06' Sneak peek (and a little RaceFace) not 56k friendly

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
DROP said:
hey look at those race face cranks in picture six they're like hollow right threw
yea all the x-type ones are like that. but i think those say turbine on them. thats new.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Those DT rims/wheels are cool. Ive never heard of a rotwild bike. :think:

That rear shock looks like a pipe.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I've seen one of the new Marzocchi's in person, a guy who works for specialized was testing a new Zocchi fork out at the local DJ's. I don't see it in any of the pictures though. It looked more like the 66 in the pictures here, except it had 110mm travel, and said Urban/DJ where the 66 in the picture on this thread says "66" (identical to the fork on the Planet X bike, except with less travel). It was super nice though. The bolt on crown looks really burly in person. The rest of the fork looks like it will take some serious abuse, and it was not as heavy this years dj's. The travel was stiff, and it had air assists on both legs. The one thing I did notice is that the Axel/crown length did appear to be a bit shorter then what Zocchi has out this year ( its did still appear longer the Manitou's though).

Anyways, This past year, I've ridden a Sherman, a Nixon, a stance, and I currently have a fox Vanilla, and I've decided after seeing the new Zocchi fork in person, that I am going to switch back to Marzocchi in 06. The new forks appear to be much improved.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
ORANGE ! eff yeah and white. my new bike is going to be all black and white. maybe anybody know of some bmx style cranks that come in white

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
genpowell71 said:
I'm betting its the all mountain fork.
i was thinkig that or an xc fork because it looks to have too short of a stroke for the AM series.

what about the marzocchi tires, anybody ridden them, like them?