Quantcast

Marzocchi 150x12mm maxle equivalent

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My maxle has died and I need a new one. A friend has a marzocchi maxle equvalent. Has anyone tried using it in a 150mm frame? Does it work or is it a different standard?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Most people I know with a Legend have just installed a conventional 12mm axle. Doesn't seem like the rear maxle is a very good idea.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I'm pretty sure the '08 round tube Turner DHR used a "maxle" rear end. They shipped it with a Hadley made 12mm axle.
You might be able to call Turner or Hadley and get one.
Balle Racing lists several. I'm betting a 135mm axle with the nut taken off threads into a 150mm Maxle frame.

http://www.balleracing.com/Hadley/Hadley_Hubs_Rear.htm

Universal Cycles (or any shop really) has a rear Maxle. But it's 2x the price and seems silly.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=35742

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Most people I know with a Legend have just installed a conventional 12mm axle. Doesn't seem like the rear maxle is a very good idea.
Up untill I had a 5 month corporate stint I was very light so the maxle wasn't a problem. Now I need to replace my hope axle.

Though the newer gen maxle isnt narrower in the middle so the old problem is not a problem. A conventional axle would fit the legend?

Also I'm asking about a marzo because I can get one easy. Other ones are harder and I'm not crazy to ship one to Poland from us when worst case scenario I can wait for the next batch of weeze ones if regular ones work.

PsyCro

Chimp
Apr 10, 2011
A good alternative and a CHEAP one is just getting a machinist to make one from aluminum rod. And its fool proof and durable as opposed to maxle.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
People for the nth time. I'm asking ONLY ABOUT THE ZOCCHI AXLE. I can get a machinist to make one but I want it fast and zocchi is available. I know my old axle from my old dh frame won't work and I need something to replace my old broken maxle.

Last edited: