Quantcast

Marzocchi 2006

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
4040g without stem, right over 4200g with

edit
thats right out of the box, even including sticker protectors, bar code tag, bumpers, uncut steerer, axle, everything.

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
Downhiller said:
why marzocchi stops making super monster , i was thinking maybe for 05 or 06 marzo. will put again make super monsters ..

that sucks
because theres no demand for them hucker boy.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I'm with ya bizutch, I already called brian p to bug him to see when they would be ready to ship... said not till around interbike

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
:mumble: What the **** is this **** of a post mount on the new 66? Just when I thought it was going to be the perfect fork.......

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I would give my left nutt for an 06' Z1 SL........

It's nice they are making a lightish 5/6 inch 20 mm ETA fork again......

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
post mount ****ing blowwwssss. atleast it looks like the 888 is standard IS mount. thank god.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
DHS said:
post mount ****ing blowwwssss. atleast it looks like the 888 is standard IS mount. thank god.
Huh what? Post mount is superior in pretty much every way possible. In a cage fight between IS and post mount, post mount would make IS tap out, and then pummel it to death anyway, while the referee tries to pull post mount off of IS's bloody lifeless corpse.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
DHS said:
Sounds like someone's Hope's won't work ;)

I support post mount for caliper designs and IS for frame and fork mounting. This insures easy adjustability and adapters for all. Vote Zark in '08 :thumb:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Zark said:
I support post mount for caliper designs and IS for frame and fork mounting. This insures easy adjustability and adapters for all. Vote Zark in '08 :thumb:
Unfortunatly, post mount means that you are now driving bolts into soft fork lowers, something that can be a recipe for distaster, and fork lowers usually aren't very cheap...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ohio said:
Huh what? Post mount is superior in pretty much every way possible. In a cage fight between IS and post mount, post mount would make IS tap out, and then pummel it to death anyway, while the referee tries to pull post mount off of IS's bloody lifeless corpse.
B1tch!. IS makes the convertible soft top on it's corvette out of post mount chode. Post mount is the moustache, the mullet, the god damn bruce jenner hair do of all brake mount systems and it's time fo that shizzy to lay down, sigh it's last pbr scented breath and just make like a tree and go away!!! Sit back and absorb my diatribe!!!!

taken from mtbr where my kuhknowledge blesses the skinsuit brotherhood:

The adapter that hayes and others use to go into IS mounts is a harder material. Lowers on forks are typically a magnesium/aluminum alloy that is much softer and much easier to strip threads in. I've got a manitou black fork sitting in my garage that's pretty much useless now because of this. I can't even get a helicoil thread to hold. Hardened steel bolts in what I think is hard annodized aluminum thread is a much better interface for an area that sees quite a lot of stress.

The adapter also allows for some more modifications if you can't get your caliper to sit exactly in line with the rotor. Its easier to take the adapter to a grinder rather than file on the post mounts of the fork (I had to do this with the sherman on my jump bike right now). If you screw up, you replace an adapter, not a fork lower.

If you need to work on your front wheel/fork/brake caliper it's much easier to just detatch at the adapter, do your work and then re-attach.....Your caliper will still be aligned since you don't have to mess with the bolts holding it to your adapter.

Not to say zoke will have a problem like manitou, but I've also seen forks that have been punctured (some were even this way out of the box) by brake mount bolts going too far into the post mounts and breaching the lowers. Most manitou forks are semi-bath now so the only thing you lose is the semi-bath oil but it's a hassle and it's obviously not an issue with IS mounts.

the source

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Does anybody know what the rrp will be on the 888 RC2X and when will it be available?

And will it be available in 180mm version like last year, or 200mm only??

Thanks