Quantcast

Marzocchi 380 C2R2 Ti & Moto C2R Shock

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
The shock looks amazing.. Nearly all parts have been machined to the max.. One piece stanchion and eyelet.

The forks look good too, wish they come in RED stanchion and black lowers!

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Suntour Rux
DVO Emerald
Xfusion
And now this....

Competition is a good thing. Prob will pick up a new fork towards the end of the riding season...
i discount the BOS, because 1)they're difficult to impossible to get in the states and 2)zero factory support at the races or difficult warranty/service requests.
haha, discount BOS but include DVO, who hasn't produced a consumer product yet?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Looks good, the attention to weight detail is impressive.

Although I wonder if they're going too far with the weight saving on the fork, as I've seen a few of the nickel-coated stanchions dented now. Wish they'd leave them un-tapered at the top too to increase height adjustment range, as the current fork has very little.

Nice to see rebound that isn't ported though, finally. Hopefully they increase the stock Ti spring rate to cater for reasonable weight riders.

curtmuss

Chimp
Jan 29, 2013
in the market for a new fork,now im just lost !! love the Dorado but its a long fork,geo affectingly long ! could be some 888s for the win, maybe some 2014 boxxers,if i can get faaaaaaast enough

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
in the market for a new fork,now im just lost !! love the Dorado but its a long fork,geo affectingly long ! could be some 888s for the win, maybe some 2014 boxxers,if i can get faaaaaaast enough
Pardon my ignorance, but is the Dorado lower crown excessively thick? Or the clamping points on the legs in weird spots? An inverted fork should be able to be the same AC height. Or do you run a stem they foul on?

Last edited:
Youve got about 3inches of AC adjustment with the double crowns. It is a long fork but at the shortest setting, it was only 1-2 cm longer than the boxxer. Not that big of a deal imo. If you run an inset type lower cup you can mitigate that further.

I indeed love my dorado. Its on its third season, and only needed one tear down a season.

curtmuss

Chimp
Jan 29, 2013
the stats i have read on the dorado are 567mm axle to crown in the lowest setting?? zocchi is 535mm,more than 10-20mm.... a long fork

correct me if im wrong

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
the stats i have read on the dorado are 567mm axle to crown in the lowest setting?? zocchi is 535mm,more than 10-20mm.... a long fork
Oh okay, cheers. I wonder if that's because of 650b or something. Inverted forks have more room for bushing spacing and fork internals so it's odd. Pretty sure old Doradoes where some of the shortest forks available.

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
Oh okay, cheers. I wonder if that's because of 650b or something. Inverted forks have more room for bushing spacing and fork internals so it's odd. Pretty sure old Doradoes where some of the shortest forks available.
Maybe just to allow for different tyre & rim combinations and possible law suits from people not testing prior to riding?

curtmuss

Chimp
Jan 29, 2013
current 888s are 535 mm to the "min" line on the stanctions. what are booxers??

Last edited:

curtmuss

Chimp
Jan 29, 2013
but it measures 535mm from the axle and thats the lowest point the crown can go to,aka the minimum,right?? so very comparable.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
but it measures 535mm from the axle and thats the lowest point the crown can go to,aka the minimum,right?? so very comparable.
Axle to crown measurement is from where the bottom headset bearing race goes to center of axle. Then everyone knows how tall the fork will make their front end and be able to compare forks.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's mostly the weight comments that make me mad. Anyone worried about grams here and there don't deserve to be riding DH bikes.

Edit: Whoa, just realized that steerer is tapered. I dislike that as well. Too trendy.
You hurt my feelings.

Though I'm interested in the fork. As much as I like the adjustability of air if solo air pissess me off one more time I might go for it.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I've got a set of Ni coated stanchions on my spare fork with somehwere between 1 and 2 million vertical feet on it. Not a single flake, not a single deep gouge.
i dont know if you can see it clearly here, but the finish on the lower part of the stanchions is a different color. and that fork is not even 1 year old. most gold stanchions on 888 i´ve seen, are much more worn out.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
That is definitely the best "look at what color my fork is" picture I've ever seen hands down.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
i dont know if you can see it clearly here, but the finish on the lower part of the stanchions is a different color. and that fork is not even 1 year old. most gold stanchions on 888 i´ve seen, are much more worn out.

Hmm, guess the gold ones are less robust. On the flip side I have a few brand new pairs of the good nickel coated stanchions lying around if anyone wants them :)

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Meh, it was the same with teh Bulldog. He couldn't get the Roco feel right in the rear ( ;) ) and went to a cleaned RC4.

Like you said. The Roco is oooold.

Pretty excited about the new stuff :thumb:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
You hurt my feelings.

Though I'm interested in the fork. As much as I like the adjustability of air if solo air pissess me off one more time I might go for it.
It seems like nice weight dump from my old 888 RCV 2009, like 700gram drop.

the question if Avy cart still bests out the new 380 cart? :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think it depends on whether you like external adjustability and open bath damping. The Avy 40 cart is not entirely dissimilar to the CR damper, unless I'm mistaken. Self bleed spring piston compensator, shimmed valves.

Of course, part of the quality of avalanche components comes from their fit and finish and high oil volumes, but I think the composition is similar.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Any one else notice the lack of a bumper at the end of the shock?
Not until you pointed it out!

Maybe they left it off for these shots so the one piece shaft/head was easier to see (since it's a bullet point)

Or maybe theres hi-tech hydraulic end stroke and they're making us guess it's there.

Last edited:

Dude!

Chimp
Dec 18, 2010
Now, in Canada. At least they were. I bet they're sold out by now.
I would love to try one out. The independent controls for high, low, compression, and rebound are a positive, assuming the standard is not built around 150# person. However, they are expensive and with the uncertainty of their operation and this being a new product. It is hard justify the cost.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
im too embarrassed to call and ask but are they really doing a trade-in program?
Awwww don't be ebawassed. I'm sure your old **** was cool at one point! Tell you what, I'm gonna tell them NOT to start laughing until you get off the phone with them, or I'm gonna beat them up at recess.