Quantcast

Marzocchi 4X

So can this fork handle abuse of 4x, DS, and trail riding well for a 200lb rider? I have heard different stories on the strength of the fork. I'm not the smoothest rider, but i usually find the tranny. Going on a blur 4X and will replace my van 36 as my ride height is too much.

Also, anyone tell me the axle to crown on a 2007 marz. 4x? Where on the axle to where on the crown is this measured?

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
The 07 only has the basic dampener. Its a glorified dj2. The 08 wc with rc3 is quite another beast.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
yeah I have both. I think the 4x is a better dj and street fork. Whereas the pike is a better trail.

A 20mm 32 talas would be the perfect fork.... haha

hey go-ride- was you're 07 just way too fast and clunky?

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
When comparing '07 and '08 you are comparing coil and air so there is definitely going to be a difference....

I am riding an '07 NemPro tuned 4X right now that is lowered to 72mm. I love it. Its nice and firm, buttery smooth, and even at that short travel seems to soak everything up. Once I start racing I may bump it to 80mm and then leave it there. I haven't decided. I need to up the compression damping slightly I believe but other than that I am sold.