Quantcast

Marzocchi 66 Rv ETA or Nixon Elite?

MTBXRacing

Chimp
Jun 26, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
I have a 05 Giant Reign 2 that has a Nixon Elite QR fork, I want a thru-axle fork and can get a 05 Nixon Elite thru-axle for $200.00 or a 07 Marzocchi 66 Rv ETA 160mm for $400.00. Both brand new. I'm looking for opinions on the better fork and if going with the 66 and the added travel if that will effect handling at all? The bike is used for aggressive trailriding/freeriding.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Truthfully those two forks aren't even in the same ballpark. In my experience the nixon is super soft (even with stiffer springs). Pony up and get the big M and you'll be happier down the road.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Truthfully those two forks aren't even in the same ballpark. In my experience the nixon is super soft (even with stiffer springs). Pony up and get the big M and you'll be happier down the road.
Agreed. The slightly slacker geometry will only make the bike a more confident descender too. I don't have experience with RV damponning, but I had a slider back in the day, and I can only imagine the lower end Marz damponning would still be better.
I do have an 07 66 (rc2x though) and its been fantastic.