Quantcast

Marzocchi 888 Cartridges

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Are you looking for aftermarket cartridges or just updated RC2X internals?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Avalanche will be making an aftermarket open-chamber cartridge for the 1st-gen 888's soon, and CR1 will be making a closed-chamber nitrogen-charged cartridge for them too. I'm not sure that presents any benefit at all, in addition to being twice as expensive as the Avy cart, but it's out there.

BOS and Mojo have made cartridges for them in the past. I'm running one of the BOS carts in an '07 WC, but I might sell the cartridge soon if I convert it to a 7" air fork for another bike. I know nothing about the Mojo carts.

The cartridge you have now isn't THAT much different than the RC2 cartridge, but getting an RC2 cart and an X side bottom out cartridge would be a more versatile setup, and they would drop right in to yours. Any shop should be able to order those straight from Zoke.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
What do you mean by "a bit lower"?? :)
As in teh AtC measurement. The fork you have is pretty damn tall. For that cost, you could probably find something lower in the front on ebay.

Personally, I owuld stick with the fork you have, and go with a new set of flat crowns instead

As for the carts..You can always call up Marz and order them.

Aug 11, 2009
halifax
As in teh AtC measurement. The fork you have is pretty damn tall. For that cost, you could probably find something lower in the front on ebay.

Personally, I owuld stick with the fork you have, and go with a new set of flat crowns instead

As for the carts..You can always call up Marz and order them.

I have flat crowns on my 888 and I have never complained about them being too high, hence my question.

cobra20

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
well the riding I am currently doing with it isn't really near what the bike of fork was designed for so I think it should be ok

cobra20

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
well the bike doesn't get used much hard off road riding mainly just forest park and powell butte

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
well the riding I am currently doing with it isn't really near what the bike of fork was designed for so I think it should be ok
it isnt about what the fork was intended for, its what the bike was intended to have, as in teh headtube was never designed to handle the pressures that are going to be induced inth the frame there from the DC fork. It wont take much for the front to break. one bottom out could be the last. Not only is it a DC fork, its also an 8in fork, that bike was designed to be running a 6in SC fork. two dangerous situations coming up with that fork.

Besides if your only doing lite trail riding, sell the 888, get something else, and end up with some extra cash.

The problem is, that the fork can handle ALOT more than the bike can.

cobra20

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
What I intend to do is sell the frame and transfer my components over to something new. Maybe something like a KHS Lucky 7

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Something about putting a DC fork on a bike that is sold with a SC fork that just bothers me. I dont know the specifics on that frame myself, but I belive<and I could be wrong> that the lucky seven is also intended for SC only.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Something about putting a DC fork on a bike that is sold with a SC fork that just bothers me. I dont know the specifics on that frame myself, but I belive<and I could be wrong> that the lucky seven is also intended for SC only.
Doesn't make sweet f.a. difference if it's dual or single crown, only the axle to crown height matters. The slight increase in fore/aft stiffness may put a little more transient stress on the head tube with a dual crown and I do mean slight.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
So, are you only riding roads and stuff because of the bike for some reason, or is it a question of skill level? if its the latter, i seriously fail to see why youd be needing a cart upgrade.

cobra20

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
well because now oregon is in the middle of the winter and it's wet season and my pick up has the worst gas mileage possible.

Last edited:

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
I doubt it as they are new, but there doesnt look like theres much to go wrong, im tempted to get one for my MY10 race.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
The lucky 7 is the same as the azonic b52 and it was ok to run a dc for on it. My bro has a lucky and we have run my dorado on it a couple of times.