Quantcast

Marzocchi DJ 3 ?????????

cphelps

Chimp
Mar 31, 2010
Just got a new giant stp and it has the dj3 on it. riding i noticed the fork is not very stiff and i was wondering if there is any way to stiffen it up a bit. didnt know if it was a pressure valve of sring?? any help?

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Depending on what year it is, you can put more air in it, a lil thicker weight oil, and increase the tension on the preload spring.

My DJ3 has an air valve on the right side, a damping knob on hte lower right, and a spring preload adjustment on the left. Tighten the preload to your little hearts desire, and check the manual for maximum pressure settings on the right leg, and increase air pressure accordingly. Make sure the fluid level is up to where it needs to be and is in good condition if you have trouble.

cphelps

Chimp
Mar 31, 2010
Its the 2008 dj3 and there is a adjustment on the right with the + and - but i didnt know if that was the preload dampner if that would make it stiffer or not?

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
If it's on the bottom, thats just your rebound damper adjustment. Wont affect stiffness.

BTW Cody, this is Kyle from Mizzou, I just recognized your screen name. haha I had to rebuild my DJ3 from 07 when I got it this past September. I replaced the seals with some nice Enduro seals, filled it full of new fluid, and it works great.

But for yours man, just get the pressure in the right top cap up to like 14psi or something like that, and then crank the spring preload on the left top cap up to as tight as you want. Ryan and Sam both know how to do this, or come to STL and I can do it. I know these forks fairly well after rebuilding mine now.

cphelps

Chimp
Mar 31, 2010
its not on the bottom its on the top right theres nothing on the bottom i tryed to upload some pics but idk what happened.

tourgee07

Chimp
Aug 22, 2014
Hay im new to this site,, looking for answers.. I have a Marzocchi dj3 rv qr-20 fork (2007) it is 100mm travel ..has two flush looking nut caps on the top of the fork and two nut caps at the bottom of the fork leg..My question is I heard someone "changed one of the top caps from a rebound adjustment to an air valve adjuster"..which one is the "rebound" adjustment side?? and what do i do to do what he did..I am very handy when it comes to bikes and it sounds easy to do if someone walked me through it..so does anyone know how to do that or point me in the direction where I can find the info to do so? thanks

tourgee07

Chimp
Aug 22, 2014
hay, so i took my fork apart, discovered that there are two air valves one in each side of the top of the fork, they werr underneath the two nut caps. when i put air in both it gets damn near rigid, if there is no air its pretty plush. i think its the only adjustment one can make on these forks. I removed both air caps and under those is a spacer about an inchand a quarter long then both springs (yellow) then in one side under the spring is a funky looking white spacer with a half inch cylinde with a hole in it, on the other side i dont think there is a spacer ...i cant get the two silver round topped nuts off the bottom of the legs, so I dont know what they do. each leg has about a cup full of oil in it..is there any other adjustments for this fork?