Quantcast

Marzocchi Drop Off II with Avid juicy 7 on 8" rotors

singlepivot

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
ATL
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51146&highlight=marzocchi+avid+brake

Hello :imstupid:,

I'm referencing the above post 'cause I realized I had an issue last night after losing a bolt causing my front brake to seize up and propel my body forward flying, luckily I was wearing pads.

I have put a Drop Off II fork on a 2006 Prophet, bike has Avid Juicy 7s with an Avid CPS adapter to make bolt together for 8" rotor.

Should've known I'd have a problem when I had to put about 1/8" worth of washers to get the caliper properly aligned (moved adapter and caliper over towards hub)with rotor. I inadvertantly had taken out 1/8" of thread grab in the Avid CPS adapter.

What is correct adapter I need, where can I get it. Where can I also get longer bolts for the futire (web site)?

Thanks for your help.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51146&highlight=marzocchi+avid+brake

Hello :imstupid:,

I'm referencing the above post 'cause I realized I had an issue last night after losing a bolt causing my front brake to seize up and propel my body forward flying, luckily I was wearing pads.

I have put a Drop Off II fork on a 2006 Prophet, bike has Avid Juicy 7s with an Avid CPS adapter to make bolt together for 8" rotor.

Should've known I'd have a problem when I had to put about 1/8" worth of washers to get the caliper properly aligned (moved adapter and caliper over towards hub)with rotor. I inadvertantly had taken out 1/8" of thread grab in the Avid CPS adapter.

What is correct adapter I need, where can I get it. Where can I also get longer bolts for the futire (web site)?

Thanks for your help.

the criterium for a brake caliper adapter are simple and as follows:
1. Front or rear ( you are dealing with the front brake)
2. Rotor size (you claim to be using an 8" rotor a.k.a. 203mm)
3. Axle type (Q/R or 20mm thru)
20mm adapters are thicker, holding the caliper farther away from the fork leg, compensating for the extra wide hub stance.
4. Bolt mounts on fork. These will either be I/s (International standard) or "Post mount". I consulted my '06 bomber manual I keep at my desk as a coaster.....

It makes no mention of a drop off in '06. But I can't remember ever seeing a zocchi with anything other than IS mounts. IS mounts look like two un-threaded holes spaced 51 mm apart.

As far as where to buy said part, try some of the places advertised on this site, I mean, they do support our shenanigans afterall.

Hopefully this post helped. I just spent a good 20 minutes on it. To answer your next question, yes you may buy me a beer, I like Troegs:cheers:

singlepivot

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
ATL
ok, i went to the hardware store and bought new bolts- much longer. it took 4 washers to get it right. i think for now it's all good.