Quantcast

Marzocchi M-arch question

Bikerider

Chimp
Oct 7, 2001
Toronto, ON
Hello all primates!

I'm in the market for a 5" travel single crown and I'm mainly looking at the Z1 but I'm wondering why the switch to the m-arch which seems to be integrated into the lowers. Does this make fitting a 2.65/2.7" tire to be difficult/impossible? Also, are there any issues with these arches breaking and forcing an expensive repair? Or should I pick up a used 2000 model with the bolt-on arch? I'd prefer to stick with the z1 because it's 'tried and tested' but is it now my best option in 5" single crown? TIA

Shibby

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
cambridge, ma
as far as i know, most 26x2.7" tires fit, and 24x3.0 is no prob...

z1 is by far the best 5" SC fork out there right now. don't listen to the psylo lovers. they're not as good. the only equivalent would be the Manitou Supernova, but that's up there in price, and not as proven as the z1 (still a fantastic fork tho, and a bit lighter).

z1 z1 z1, and m-arch. get a 2001 Z1 MCR if you can, otherwise the '02s should work.

G

grommet

My buddy has some JR-t's and he is running a Michelin 2.8. Not sure if the arch clearance is the same as a Z-1, but I think it is. Depends on the tire, Tioga DH tires need more clearance because of the nobs on the side stick out so much, and Maxxix Mobsters have a profile that allows larger tires to be run. Try them out then buy.