Quantcast

Marzocchi Roco WC Air 222x70 limited travel

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
The shock is brand new, couple of rides only for testing. The setup is 170psi in piggyback and 150psi in main chamber, which results in around 30% sag (i'm 85kg.), HSC is in lightest position. The frame is Fusion Whiplash Extreme with leverage ratio decreasing in the first 2/3 of the travel, then slightly increasing in the last 1/3. No matter how hard I hit the rear it's seems impossible to get more than 55-60mm. of shaft travel, tried drop to flats with all force, but same results. Today I opened up the shock, replaced the oil (5W), cleaned and lubed everything - nothing seems to be wrong. The IFP is set around 40mm. in depth in the piggyback (the recommended is 35-40), so the progressiveness is as low as possible.
Now, I know it's an air shock and progressiveness is expected, but hard landing to flat should be able to eat up the entire travel (given that I'm far away from experienced rider :) ). From what I've read as reviews on the Internet everybody claims the Roco is fairly linear for an air shock, but in my case it seems to be far too progressive at the end of the stroke.
Any suggestions, somebody had the same issue? Thanks in advance :cheers:

Last edited:

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
Anyone? Ideas, suggestions? I've seen several opinions on Roco WC Air and all were stating that it's tough to setup, but once done it performs flawless. Maybe I'm missing something in the adjustments...