Quantcast

Marzocchi Roco WC service/tuning...who now???

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Since Push no longer does their magic work on Marzocchi products, who do you guys recommend now? Ideally I would just replace the Roco with an Elka, Double Barrel, or something comparable, but I don't want to invest more into my 4 year old dh rig and life is getting in the way of my dh riding/racing (house purchase, baby on the way, etc.). So, any suspension guru's out there doing anything great or on par with what Push was doing to 'zocchi products beyond the Avy 888 fork cartridges? Am I out of luck?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
Marzocchi Roco is a pretty simple shock to work with. You can customize the shimstack, oil viscocity and IFP depth all from home.

AFAIK no-one except CR1 is doing customizing/tuning.

Apr 17, 2010
Avalanche does custom tuning on all kinds of shocks, talked to one of the guys there yesterday and it appears they have a service very similar to PUSH. I just sent my WC out today.

The reason Push stopped working on Rocos is because of some reliability issues with the internals of the shocks, which the guy at Avalanche also mention to me. So the way it goes is you send your Roco in, they'll evaluate it to see if the shock is in customizable condition and if it is they will go ahead and service it, if not, they'll send it back to you. Only problem, as with Push is waiting time.

Right now I have a Pushed TST on my FR bike and love it, so, I hope I like the WC just as well.

PS: price is $179

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
Avalanche does custom tuning on all kinds of shocks, talked to one of the guys there yesterday and it appears they have a service very similar to PUSH. I just sent my WC out today.

The reason Push stopped working on Rocos is because of some reliability issues with the internals of the shocks, which the guy at Avalanche also mention to me. So the way it goes is you send your Roco in, they'll evaluate it to see if the shock is in customizable condition and if it is they will go ahead and service it, if not, they'll send it back to you. Only problem, as with Push is waiting time.

Right now I have a Pushed TST on my FR bike and love it, so, I hope I like the WC just as well.

PS: price is $179
Darren from PUSH told me he stopped working on the Rocos because Marzocchi wasn't very consistent when it came to supplying replacement parts.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Avalanche Downhill Racing is infact doing custom tuning adn reworking and machining internals for a race tune on them as well as changing seasl etc to a more Avalanche outlook (total reliability)...

Id rock an Avy item any day of the week,,,,,,,,,,,, :D Oh wait I do.....

Craigs replacing the seals with the same ones from the 5th which have been bomb proof he opens up the piston and ports and tunes it for rider weight, style and bike suspension...

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
I was lucky enough to get my roco pushed (at TFTShox) this spring. It required service anyway so I just went ahead. However I did service it myself 1 year before with no issues, including shim stack modifications. It was quite easy with the manual from Windwave.
The oil seal is a NAK UNP 12.7 x 19.05 x 3.96 MA25
The dust wiper is a NAK 12.7 x 18 x 3 - 4.5
I hope this helps.

king_pinn_85

Chimp
Oct 20, 2010
Hey dude.. I hope you dont mind me messaging you.. but i noticed you posted something about your Push Tuned Marzocchi Roco shock.

Basicly, I've just had my roco tst Pushed by TF tuned and got it back today and they have made a few mistakes on the service form by saying they have fitted the Push "Bottom-Pad" but looking and my shock it hasnt been changed and its still the original :think:

Im just wondering if they replaced yours when you had yours tuned because my theory is, if my "bottom-out pad" is 2 years old it will have become Brittle (as rubber does get that way over time). Not sure if to "complain to TF about it or not".. I Would like it if you can shed any light onto this as you have been in the same situation. not sure u may have noticed?!

Kind regards
Gaz

king_pinn_85

Chimp
Oct 20, 2010
I was lucky enough to get my roco pushed (at TFTShox) this spring. It required service anyway so I just went ahead. However I did service it myself 1 year before with no issues, including shim stack modifications. It was quite easy with the manual from Windwave.
The oil seal is a NAK UNP 12.7 x 19.05 x 3.96 MA25
The dust wiper is a NAK 12.7 x 18 x 3 - 4.5
I hope this helps.

Hey dude.. I hope you dont mind me messaging you.. but i noticed you posted something about your Push Tuned Marzocchi Roco shock.

Basicly, I've just had my roco tst Pushed by TF tuned and got it back today and they have made a few mistakes on the service form by saying they have fitted the Push "Bottom-Pad" but looking and my shock it hasnt been changed and its still the original :think:

Im just wondering if they replaced yours when you had yours tuned because my theory is, if my "bottom-out pad" is 2 years old it will have become Brittle (as rubber does get that way over time). Not sure if to "complain to TF about it or not".. I Would like it if you can shed any light onto this as you have been in the same situation. not sure u may have noticed?!

Kind regards
Gaz