Quantcast

Massa DH friday?!

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I've been planning on racing Massanutten all winter assuming it would be the normal saturday practice, sunday race. As I actually check my calendar, practice day is on friday? what? For those of us who can't just ditch fridays, are there practice runs on saturday before the race? Doesn't this hurt the overall attendence? :mumble:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
ya, practice runs all morning saturday. i think i got in 4 runs before the race began last year. plenty of time for the difficulty level of the course.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
If you can take the friday off. There are only a handful of people riding on friday until later in the afternoon. You pretty much have the place to yourself. Always a fun chilled out day.

Dennis

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
denjen said:
If you can take the friday off. There are only a handful of people riding on friday until later in the afternoon. You pretty much have the place to yourself. Always a fun chilled out day.

Dennis
in years past Fryday was pretty cleared out........last year it was pretty clogged all day fryday, it was nice to see more people there though......

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Jayridesacove said:
Massanutten isn't that hard to ride, so 2 or 3 good runs on Saturday will suffice if you can't make it Friday.
You're right as far as racing is concerned. But if you just like to ride it's fun to hit both days. As Dennis said it's nearly empty on Fri, 'cept now that it's all over the internet it'll be crowded. :rolleyes:

Mike