Quantcast

Massanuten results and pics post...

T0MJ04D

Chimp
May 14, 2007
VA
#22 please sir.
#22 on gravel road
I found myself in the wrong place when the pros were coming through again.....and the speed gun didnt read for most of you....

anyone have any of 283?
#283 in bottom rock garden

Sorry I got confused. I was #291 if you got any pics. Thanks for shooting!
#291 bottom rock garden

any of #292
#292 bottom rock garden

pics of #3, green r9, black gear would be plenty appreciated.
#3 in practice, above bottom rock garden

#3 in barrel turn 2

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
383 if you have them. On a Yeti 303, White/Red/Blue helmet, Team Fat Kids jersey.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Great race. That was my first time at Mass., and I was really impressed with the organization of everything - just a first rate job all the way around. NORBA/USA Cycling could learn a lot by seeing how well the folks at Mass. take care of business. I'll definitely be back next year.

As for my race run, I sucked ass. Felt fast in my practice runs, hit all my lines in my race, but somehow had a super slow time. Bummer. :( Oh well, I still had tons of fun with all you guys down there, and I'm looking forward to racing it again next year.

--JP

P.S. That Niko kid is the ballz. He cleaned that upper rock section much faster than anyone else, including Beneke. If he trains a bit and gets his fitness level up, look out.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Great race. That was my first time at Mass., and I was really impressed with the organization of everything - just a first rate job all the way around. NORBA/USA Cycling could learn a lot by seeing how well the folks at Mass. take care of business. I'll definitely be back next year.

As for my race run, I sucked ass. Felt fast in my practice runs, hit all my lines in my race, but somehow had a super slow time. Bummer. :( Oh well, I still had tons of fun with all you guys down there, and I'm looking forward to racing it again next year.

--JP

P.S. That Niko kid is the ballz. He cleaned that upper rock section much faster than anyone else, including Beneke. If he trains a bit and gets his fitness level up, look out.
Very nice meeting you. Did those directions I gave you back to Richmond workout all right? I hope I didnt get you lost.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
thanks for the photos Tom!

Agreed, JohnP. George and the folks at Massanutten run the cleanest operation of any race I've been to. Always look forward to it.

DHDreams

Chimp
May 11, 2008
I'm looking for #223 please.

My two "over-the-bars" crashes in my race run would actually be cool too. Figures, clean all weekend then... That's racing!

Thanks!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
That was the sickest thing I saw all weekend. He definitely was faster through the upper rock garden than any of the pros. He came through the slab portion so fast the guy running the video camera and the guy taking pictures didn't have time to get any evidence. I think every one there was thinking or saying "HOly ****!!" or "FuVk!!" at the exact same time.

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine

--JP

Fvcking hell. After somehow flying out of Richmond today during a tornado warning and a totally badass thunderstorm, I am sitting in the Philly airport delayed until 1115, probably won't get home till 1 now.definitely not mint or tit.

This race was a total blast and I am really glad I went. I am definitely going to try and make it back next year. It was great to meet everyone I met and see some people I haven't seen in like four years.

How are the other mid Atlantic gravity east races?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i snagged a few, and..as usual, i was as elusive as sasquatch when it came to someone getting pics of me ;) i had a good time even though i was about to call it quits after my 6th run on friday when it started to rain again; glad i stayed though.
damn kenan, i didn't realize that was you they took off in the wambulance, sorry bro.
i had clean runs with no crashes, which is very odd for me when it's wet. i learned a lot about sloppy riding and this course in the mud really increased my confidence...even on a "slopestyle" bike. this is the only race i do where i miss my demo.
anyway, onto the pics....and if anyone has any of 381(red royal/cycletherapy jersey, gray helmet on a raw bottlerocket) i'd love to check 'em out.

this pic pretty much sums up the weekend.

ellen

corey DC

tha-thong-tha-thong-thong-thong

i think there are more pics of aaron gordon on here than any other person...goes to show you that if you buy the hot gear you'll get pics taken of you ;)

robbie

cecil

?

herndon

me...working that 180mm ;)

yungins....NC represent!

ladies

matt...errr..chuck lidell

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
it was definitely something else. i couldn't believe how quick he was through there. he was gone before I even realized he was coming through

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Damn sounds like I missed a good time. Don't know if they're posted already and i didn't see 'em, but are the results up anywhere yet? I know Konabumm missed having me as his "wingman." Can't wait for SS!

T0MJ04D

Chimp
May 14, 2007
VA
Any one happen to get #5? Thanks
#5 in barrel turn 2

I might have other shots from practice, but they are hard to sort through due to the lack of order.

By any chance, got any of #258???

Any pictures of number 191? Thanks in advance, I appreciate the pics.

I'm looking for #223 please.
Thanks!

Anyone got any of 424...All black with a pink thong on. Team fat kids rep.
#424 at the very bottom

o anyone have any of #70
#70 top rock garden

if anyone has any of 381(red royal/cycletherapy jersey, gray helmet on a raw bottlerocket) i'd love to check 'em out.

#381 bottom rock garden

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Great event....kinda of like the Daytona 500 of mid-atlantic DH racing.

Felt very so-so in practice. Race run was pretty much where i'm at right now. Had enough of the rain when my tent got flooded in the middle of the night. Came home to a baby with a fever.....

Seems like everyone had a great time despite the weather.........quite a few people got mangled it seemed, i'm a bit sore in places.