Quantcast

Massanutte YEE-HA introduces Open class

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Err... I just checked there online registration and it says the Open class requires a 1-day USAC license. Whats up with that?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Err... I just checked there online registration and it says the Open class requires a 1-day USAC license. Whats up with that?
From the other Massanutten thread:

We created the open Class so x pro or current riders that do not feel the need to pay the $60.00 USAC Annual Fee can race all of our events for the one Day $5.00 Charge.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I would say that covers insurance and stuff.

Basically the way I see this open class, is that it lets expert level racers without full NORBA licenses enter the race. Last year all those types entered the sport class and pretty much gave true sport racers no chance.

I was surprised last year that I saw one DH Instructor from Snowshoe enter the race in the sport class. I asked him why he didn't enter expert, and he said this was the only Norba race of the year he was entering and he wasn't paying $60 for a license for one race, so he was sandbagging Sport so he would only have to buy the one day license.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

Basically the way I see this open class, is that it lets expert level racers without full NORBA licenses enter the race. Last year all those types entered the sport class and pretty much gave true sport racers no chance.

I was surprised last year that I saw one DH Instructor from Snowshoe enter the race in the sport class. I asked him why he didn't enter expert, and he said this was the only Norba race of the year he was entering and he wasn't paying $60 for a license for one race, so he was sandbagging Sport so he would only have to buy the one day license.
Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Pay how much to race? And how much for the rig? But then to not own up and race your rightful talent level class instead of steal places from deserving riders in a lower class is just being a tight wad. Eat ramen and race the right class....be a man! :D

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Hrm I thought my post on derailed said you had to pay the one-day license. Will recheck the wording.

The open class is really good idea for a race that can attract people in the south. For the North its worth every penny to have an annual license with all the races they have.

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc

Well then I feel good about my second place last year in my first sport race:monkeydance:.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Don't make me drop the dumbass bomb on you in 2008. I'll do it! :pirate2:

The one day fee was always the norm for all classes prior to Norba cracking down two years ago and making it mandatory for experts. In fact, I wanna say the old one day pass was $10. So a $5er is fine by me.