Quantcast

Massanutten 07 race pics thread...(56k slayer!!!!!)

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Maybe I'm over reacting a little bit - but you would think he might at least say $30 or something.
yes you are overreacting.
40 is a fair price, especially since the guys got some skills.
there are plenty of hacks that know nothing of mountainbiking that charge more.

Also - if I tell him to take my picture off of his website does he have to?
no he doesn't have to

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
Well I went to this guys website and he has a great picture of me - so I email him and he wanted $40 for the digital photo I ask him if he would come down to to $25 and he said Nope.

Maybe I'm over reacting a little bit - but you would think he might at least say $30 or something.

Also - if I tell him to take my picture off of his website does he have to?
Dang! So you are taking your football and going home?

Get real. He is a professional photographer who derives a portion of his income from photography. He has invested thousands of dollars on equipment, countless hours on the road, and years trying to perfect his craft. Let me tell you, from personal experience: if you think it is hard making money in the bike industry, try making money as a photographer. Worse, try making money as a bike photographer. It is like sticking a fork in your eye.

And the other thing is that he is offering you something that isn't available otherwise. I think you are getting a pretty good deal for $40.

Just be stoked you have an awesome picture of yourself.

As far as pictures of you on his website. If it is for editorial purposes and/or he is not making money off of your image, or potraying you a a bad light, there is little you can do.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Dang! So you are taking your football and going home?

Get real. He is a professional photographer who derives a portion of his income from photography. He has invested thousands of dollars on equipment, countless hours on the road, and years trying to perfect his craft. Let me tell you, from personal experience: if you think it is hard making money in the bike industry, try making money as a photographer. Worse, try making money as a bike photographer. It is like sticking a fork in your eye.

And the other thing is that he is offering you something that isn't available otherwise. I think you are getting a pretty good deal for $40.

Just be stoked you have an awesome picture of yourself.

As far as pictures of you on his website. If it is for editorial purposes and/or he is not making money off of your image, or potraying you a a bad light, there is little you can do.
I agree with everything BUT...the photo is being used for the purpose of showcasing his skills....however, it could also be argued the product does in fact have a photograph still of his image and likeness.

So it an be view two ways:

1. Konabumm would not have known, or would in fact, not been made aware of the still image, but for the post of it on the vendors website.

2. The Vendor would not have a portfolio, which otherwise gives him, his skills and his business the exposure which in turn has made his business rather successful and lucrative, but for the involvement, and said photographs of the aforementioned rider(s).

Me, for a high quality pic, $40.00 seems to be reasonable.

Disclaimer: The opinions and comments stated in the aforementioned post is strictly the opinion of the poster (SK6, Sirknight6 or other reasonable facsimile thereof), and does not in any way reflect the view or opinions of Ridemonkey®, its advertisers or affiliates.

© 2007, SK6

:D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
wow...too bad we didn't have some floodlamps on course. When I rode, it was bright and sunny but from all the pics, you'd think it was near dark. I'm #19. Any chance of getting the pic in a larger, brighter file? Pic was in the mid
PEACE
Butch
Yeah, I wasn't taking them......

I set my camera on Shutter Priority and handed it to my Fiancee. I don't know why it just changed all of the sudden in the middle there, there must have been some cloud cover or something.

I'll probably be shooting the Snowshoe races, I don't know if I'll be racing them this year.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well thanks to everyone that didn't post something rude - I just thought that $40 for is digital file seems kinda steep. I understand that the guy is pro and he has to make a living.
Didn't post something rude.....ROFLMFO!!!!!!!!!!!

Now there's the potty calling the kettle black! :p

:D

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
some crappy pics.
was messing with a cheap pos vid camera. didn't know even know it did stills.
so fwiw...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Ralph, If you stopped in that rock garden, I'm gonna slap you!
I only have two responses...If I was going to eat sh!t, then I choose the best spot for it....LOL! My dang bike got tangled up in a tree, so I laughed my ass off, hopped back on the bike...I don't remember looking specifically at anyone though....Did I stop to talk NO...

BUT,

My second response is a caption for the pic....

.....Hey dude! You got that money you owe me?"

No matter how you slice it, its a damn funny picture! LOL!

:rofl:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
anyone know who the guys was hiding in the tree at the second rock garden? Those had to be good pictures and I would love to buy one
don't think this guy was in the trees at the second rock garden....but he was in the trees at one of the loamy turns..

AWESOME pictures to say the least. he got one of me last year in the berm before you cross the fireroad @ the top for the second time and it kicked ass. mad props to Mr. Breach!

http://www.damianbreach.com/Simple/Mass_07/index.html

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
don't think this guy was in the trees at the second rock garden....but he was in the trees at one of the loamy turns..

AWESOME pictures to say the least. he got one of me last year in the berm before you cross the fireroad @ the top for the second time and it kicked ass. mad props to Mr. Breach!

http://www.damianbreach.com/Simple/Mass_07/index.html
yeah he got a real good one of me - I'm the guy in the white kona jersey. I'm going to buy that picture from him

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
sorry bizutch you must have been going to fast for me. Well actually my crapy point and shoot six mega pixel power shot ran out of batterys.

and yeah I was trying to find a good angle on the little gap line but I couldent really get one.

for those of you asking those are all the pictures I got.