Quantcast

Massanutten '08 date?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo to all DH brethern in the VA area! Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything, but can anyone give me the '08 Massanutten race date? 1st weekend in May? Also, anyone have any lodging options in the vicinity?

Thanks! - Jim

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Here are some dates that I found on another web site:

-May 9-10, Massanhutten YEE-HA, VA
-May 18, DH1, Plattekill, Roxbury, NY
-May 24-26, US Open @ Diablo, NJ
-Jun 20-22, Cap. Cup @ Wisp, MD
-Jun 27-29, Snowshoe #1, WV
-Jul 4-6, DH2, Plattekill, Roxbury, NY
-Jul 12-13, East Coast Ntnl, Windham, NY
-Jul 17-20, USAC-MTB Champ., VT
-Aug 2-3, UCI World Cup, Mnt Snt An, Cnda
-Aug 16-17, DH3, Plattekill, Roxbury, NY
-Aug 31, Whiteface 5K DH, Wilmington, NY
-Sep 20-21, DH4, Plattekill, Roxbury, NY
-Oct 18-19, DH5, Plattekill, Roxbury, NY
-Nov 8, DH6, Plattekill, Roxbury, NY

Don't know about lodgeing as I drive up, and you can camp on site.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
The last coulpe years they have offered discounted rooms for racers. I think it was $65 per night last year.

Dennis

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yo to all DH brethern in the VA area! Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything, but can anyone give me the '08 Massanutten race date? 1st weekend in May? Also, anyone have any lodging options in the vicinity?

Thanks! - Jim

They have great lodging right at the resort. Call massanutten and tell them you are coming down for the race to get the usual discount

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Just found this too

July 25-27
Mountain Bike Race Series - Race 2
Race #2 in the Mountain Bike Race Series. Both dual slalom and downhill races will be offered.

More details to come.

In the meantime, visit http://ride.snowshoemtn.com

Ha, I would have bet money on that.
My wife is due on July 25.
Well, our baby is due July 25.
That sounded like my wife was arriving in a mail order box from Russia.
But that is besides the point,
That is awesome that Snowshoe is listing their dates now!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Too bad Massanutten is on Mother's Day weekend - I got away with racing on it last year at Platty, but my wife/new mom prolly won't be into this one! (unless, I guarantee that she can ride/race too that weekend)...hmmm.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Too bad Massanutten is on Mother's Day weekend - I got away with racing on it last year at Platty, but my wife/new mom prolly won't be into this one! (unless, I guarantee that she can ride/race too that weekend)...hmmm.
Dont forget that this race is on a friday and saturday. Mothers day is sunday. Have to rush home and take care of her.

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Plenty of room for the gals. Theres also a hard tail class that is open. Best of all, The Western side of Mass. has trails that blow the coarse away. Easy to get to, fun for all levels. Contact Shenandoah Bike Company or shenandoahmountainbikeclub.com

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Thanks again for the info everyone. Looks like we're headed down, baby, wife (plus her DH bike) & all!

Thus far, the majority of our team (Elevate Cycles) will be headed down to Massanutten, and we're also "chaperoning" Geoff Ulmer for the trip - Jr.X's, look out!!!