Quantcast

Massanutten carpooling

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
hey so i talked to a bunch of folks this weekend about possibly carpooling up to mass and i was wondering whose going from the asheville/ brevard general area that might want to get a group together. Its just me and my yeti right now.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
On the same note, I'm really looking for someone to ride up with. Sure, I could drive my Blazer and haul 3 other people & their rigs if needed. But would be great to play wingman and avoid burning too much life out of the old boy.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
What kind of riding is there up there? A friend of mine has a timeshare up there and we were planning on staying there this summer and going to snowshoe to ride. But if the riding there is good that would be awesome!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
What kind of riding is there up there? A friend of mine has a timeshare up there and we were planning on staying there this summer and going to snowshoe to ride. But if the riding there is good that would be awesome!

Lots of xc from what I hear...I'm trying to ride some of it on sunday hopefully

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Lots of xc from what I hear...I'm trying to ride some of it on sunday hopefully
There are some pretty damn good trails that drop off the back side of the mountain. Be prepared for some damn good climbs, but the tech sections and fun of the descents more than makes up for it. Can't remember the names but there are two trails that drop off the overlook that I had more fun riding the the DH course.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Riding up with Matt Griffin & Brian "THE MAN" Quillen tomorrow AM. Gotta drive an hour south, but that's all good to keep the old trusty Chevy within towing distance of home. :D

Keep an eye out for Brian. He'll be the guy getting his bike groped by onlookers.