Quantcast

Massanutten May 8th - Schedule?

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Anyone know what time the race starts and when practice opens on Saturday? Is there a Friday practice?

I remember Racer's Edge Blue Knob + Wisp usually opened practice around 9, then raced start at 12 noon. Not certain that they're using the same schedule.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
The course is really fun! A great one for early in the season as preperation for Snowshoe. It is not too difficult but it will take all your skills to be really fast on it.

BTW, thanks for the link DHanimal - I put it on the MADHRA site :D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
This will HOPEFULLY be my first race. Good course for a first race?

I have no idea how any of this race stuff works, All I know is that it is in the middle of my finals week :rolleyes:

Good thing Dan will be there to hold my hand :)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Originally posted by BigMike

I have no idea how any of this race stuff works, All I know is that it is in the middle of my finals week :rolleyes:

Haha i'm right there with you on every point. Even dan holding my hand :D

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
haha, awww, you guys are so cute....

Yeah, it's not a hard course at all, not very steep, but there's a little of everything on it....

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
i don't know about that holding hands stuff but i'll be there ;)

i'm heading down Friday morning to walk the course and get dialed. anyone else heading down early?

is there camping there?

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Originally posted by BigMike

Well, shoot, what with everyone else holding Dan's hand, I might have to go and just hold my own!

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I don't know if there is officially camping available, but phreerdiephreak and Vegibikerdude camped in the field last year.

It's a great DH course to start out on. I think I was only a few seconds slower on my HT last year than on my DH bike.

Hopefully the skies don't open up and we don't get poured on the MINUTE we have to race this year!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by Matt D
It's a great DH course to start out on. I think I was only a few seconds slower on my HT last year than on my DH bike.

Hopefully the skies don't open up and we don't get poured on the MINUTE we have to race this year!
Word to that. Nothing like practicing all a.m. in the dry and having a completely different scenario for your run!

Anybody know if there's going to be a hardtail class again this year? I don't see anything about what races will be run...

Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
Well, shoot, what with everyone else holding Dan's hand, I might have to go and just hold my own!
yo, I think I still have one foot free, you can hold that....;)

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
I'll be there and this will also be my first race (looks like I'll be holding dan's foot ;) ). If there is a hardtail class, will I most likely be able to race on my hardtail and then on my full suspension?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by downy
If there is a hardtail class, will I most likely be able to race on my hardtail and then on my full suspension?
Last year the scheduling made it such that if you wanted to race both, you had to race Expert DH - if you did beginner or sport, there wouldn't be enough time for you to get to the bottom, grab your HT, and get back up in time for the start of the HT race. I remember Matt busting ass to get himself back to the top for the HT race; I was in sport dh and thus had no time to do the HT....

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
For the record, I want nothing to do with holding any part of Dan's anatomy. :p :monkey: No offense Dan. :D

Aug 30, 2002
Snow hoes
Originally posted by Matt D
I don't know if there is officially camping available, but phreerdiephreak and Vegibikerdude camped in the field last year.

yea, we couldnt find any real "camp" spots, or any camping grounds...if anyone knows where some are I'd like to know. Depending on temperature we might do it again

a full on dh bike is not necessary at all, I'll be racing on a IH hollowpoint, should be fun!:cool:

SarahMaria

Chimp
Nov 24, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
Originally posted by Animal Mother
i don't know about that holding hands stuff but i'll be there ;)

i'm heading down Friday morning to walk the course and get dialed. anyone else heading down early?

is there camping there?
I'd like to head down early. D'you know how far the drive is? I think I'll schedule a Doctor's appt for 8 am and then leave Falls Church around 9: 30 after rush hour. Gotta love sick leave.

Sarah

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
well it looks like i'll be able to make the massunutten race!! changed my appt. with the doc.,and the cast will be coming off friday the 7th rather than mon.the 10th. SO I WILL BE THERE TO KICK DINKS A$$. one day after the cast is removed from a broken navicular. hope to see everyone there!!!

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by SarahMaria
I'd like to head down early. D'you know how far the drive is? I think I'll schedule a Doctor's appt for 8 am and then leave Falls Church around 9: 30 after rush hour. Gotta love sick leave.

Sarah
what's your boss' #, I'm telling on you! Oh, wait a minute... I'm doing the same thing ;)

The drive is exactly an hour and a half from my house in Loundoun. So from the FFX area it shouldn't take any longer than two hours max door to door. Just take 66 West to Route 81 South to Route 33 East @ Harrisonburg... follow the signs from there.
Mass-of-Nothing is appox 10 miles from Route 81.

b

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
There is camping on the other side of the mountain in a field according to the flier I got in the mail. I think they are charging $5 a head but they give you use of the health club (pool, showers, etc.). I am sure you can get details when you get there Friday.

dink

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
Charlottesville VA
Originally posted by BANCHE
well it looks like i'll be able to make the massunutten race!! changed my appt. with the doc.,and the cast will be coming off friday the 7th rather than mon.the 10th. SO I WILL BE THERE TO KICK DINKS A$$. one day after the cast is removed from a broken navicular. hope to see everyone there!!!

BANCHE wake up i think your dreaming again. maybe they still have you medicated and your not thinking clear...

anyway i'm looking forward to the race should be a good time.

milby