Quantcast

Massanutten (Ver. 2008) Roll Call.....

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
yeah, I'm in at Sport 40, Mid-Life crisis class.....:rolleyes:

I think some of us old guys might be a bit offended by that. Most that I know arent Racing,or Still racing, for any other reason than we enjoy it. We still try to be competitive and are not trying to get something back that we think we lost or missed out on

Besides, A corvette and a 20 year old girfriend is so much easier and probably more affordable.

Oh and yes the Kranzels are registered and ready to ride
2 of us in old guy sport
1 19-29 expert
1 Jr. Sport

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Besides, A corvette and a 20 year old girfriend is so much easier and probably more affordable.
I dunno, getting a 20 year old girl to spend any time around Ralph would be mighty expensive. It would probably have to be one of those $5,000/hr hookers, with an added $1,000 tip.

So, taking into account all of the HAHA equipment that is necessary for SK6 to ride, and the medical bills of the old man's body, I think getting him just a 20 year old girlfriend would cost quite a bit more!

:D

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I'm registered (Expert 30-39), and I'm staying at the hotel Thursday and Friday nights. After the race on Saturday, I have to drive to Richmond to catch an early-ass flight back to Maine on Sunday morning. Can't wait for the weekend, though!

--JP

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm registered (Expert 30-39), and I'm staying at the hotel Thursday and Friday nights. After the race on Saturday, I have to drive to Richmond to catch an early-ass flight back to Maine on Sunday morning. Can't wait for the weekend, though!

--JP
The 6 of us are driving the 9 hours back to NY after the races on Sat. to be home for Mom's Day on Sunday! :dead:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
The 6 of us are driving the 9 hours back to NY after the races on Sat. to be home for Mom's Day on Sunday! :dead:
Ooof; that's rough. I was considering doing the drive myself, but I found a flight on US scAirways for $180 R/T out of Portland to Richmond, and a rental car for $18/day. It will still be a somewhat expensive weekend, but considering I was going to have to do the drive by myself, it seemed like flying was a no-brainer for me.

See all you sumb!tches in a few weeks. 8)

--JP

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Ooof; that's rough. I was considering doing the drive myself, but I found a flight on US scAirways for $180 R/T out of Portland to Richmond, and a rental car for $18/day. It will still be a somewhat expensive weekend, but considering I was going to have to do the drive by myself, it seemed like flying was a no-brainer for me.

See all you sumb!tches in a few weeks. 8)

--JP
Dang! Thats some ride. I am driving there on Friday for practice and back again on Sat. for the race. If I can afford the gas money. I live about 7 miles away.
Sorry, not usually a wise a$$, just listened to some Jerky Boys.:bonk:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I'm there...

Registered in Open Class (too cheap to buy a license for expert for one race) and Hardtail Class. OW!

YeeeeeeeHaaaaawww!!!! :monkeydance:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
yeesh, good luck with that. i think i'm leaving the 7 month old and the 2.5 year old at home with mom. we've had a coupla whiteknucklers to diablo and wisp. the sight of oncoming traffic never looked so inviting :poster_oops:

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
Just registered for open class... similar to everyone else in the class i dont feel like buying a norba expert license and also dont want to get handed a bag a sand on the podium like two years ago at wisp... first race back after the c6 breakage... stoked

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
I'm there...

Registered in Open Class (too cheap to buy a license for expert for one race) and Hardtail Class. OW!

YeeeeeeeHaaaaawww!!!! :monkeydance:
Hey Dartman! Open AND hard tail? Same here. I think both classes are going to be stacked. Especially after seeing your post.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Did you register for Open Class moto? I'm gonna get my butt kicked, but I don't wanna support Norba by giving them all my money for an expert license.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
no I'm in the pro/semipro class, hopefully there will be others in there too. I think the open class is gonna be way too skewed in terms of riders since anyone can register for it. I'll call it now, theres gonna be a lot of people complaining when some pro wins the open class..

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
I think the open class will be mostly people that DON"T CARE about winning and are just out to have fun (as every adult riding a bicycle should.) How serious can we take ourselves, we are riding bicycles which is supposed to be FUN. I quit racing pro for a certain company because of all the bitching. It's a trophy race so there isn't anything to complain about, and if I hear someone complaining in my backyard..............

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Fvck that...I got ZIP TIES BABY!!!!!!

So, two questions:
  1. Since you won't get to SS, do you have vacancies in the Condo?
  2. Discount on said condo?

:D

Heal quick bro!!! :thumb:
Went to Dr. Cast comes off on May 15. Called Massanutten, they are refunding my money.

RM members always get a discount on my SS condo. $90/night + $55 cleaning.

Right now the first race weekend is booked. I'm going the other 2 races. The rest of the summer is open.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p159505

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Wow dude, that sucks. I'm done on Thursday so I'm probably heading up that evening. Still need to get a place to stay though. I should probably get on that.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
HEY HEY Be nice! Yes I did. If I place in this race I'm planning on taking the wife to Mt. Snow for Nationals this year. I'm going to race expert the rest of the year so there's going to be plenty of time for me to get my ass kicked!

Can't wait to see you and Anne - and you get to meet my wifey this year
You need to be Expert in this Race and look forward to meeting the better half.