Quantcast

Massanutten YEE-HA! 2014 DH race

I grew up in Richmond, VA. Visited Massanutten a couple times, but in the 90's, so no real mtn biking back then that I was aware of.

Now, I'm looking at a East Coast road trip this summer to do some bike park riding. I checked out Massanutten's website without finding clearcut mtn biking info. TOMJ0D, will you enlighten me? Does Massanutten have lift-accessed mtn biking? What are the trails like?...etc?

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
No lift access except for the yearly DH race. Real fun course. There are a good many miles of excellent non-lift-served trails that are worth hitting IMO. Had I been able to get away I was contemplating just winning practice on Saturday and then riding the trails Sunday...

T0MJ04D

Chimp
May 14, 2007
VA
The above post is correct. We only offer lift serviced DH runs at this race each year. We have more than 30 miles worth of trails on our Western Slope (opposite side of the mountain), but you need to be a guest here or a member of the local bike club (SVBC - Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition) to ride those trails. Those trails are setup as XC, no Lift or Shuttle access. Give us a call at 540-289-4957 if you have further MTB questions.

Last edited:

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Awesome event and course, thanks! Not sure how I have missed this race every year until now, but I'm making a point to try to not let that happen in the future.

Anyone know the other people who were snapping pictures up there? I saw a lot of flashes in the upper rock garden.