Quantcast

Massanutten YEE-HA! Registration 2010

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
http://www.massresort.com/v.php?pg=221

Click on the Sports Base Online logo.

Scheduled to go live tommorrow March 1, 2010.

The Hardtail & Open class are not GES Series sanctioned, but are available
on Saturday May 1, 2010 in Virginia.

The PRO, Cat 1,2, & 3 classes are listed on the Sports Base Online registraion
for the Massanutten YEE-HA! Live registration available tommorow.

Come early on Friday to enjoy practice & the Friday night activities we
are planning. A new DJ & better sound for this year.

Last edited:

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Is there going to be On Site registration on Friday and Saturday?

and how much is the On Site registration fee ? Sports Base is charging an extra online fee of $5.30 , I would rather give that money to the mountain directly.

thanks

rich

Last edited:

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Im pretty sure you do NOT need a USAC license for the Open class. If i'm not mistaken thats the whole point of the class. So you can do the race without having to buy a license. I'll probably end up doing Open class as well.

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
For those of you that have done this race in the past, is the course fun? I saw a helmet cam but pretty low quality couldn't really see much.. looked pretty fast with a decent amount of pedaling.

Missed the last 1/3 of last season and spent all winter laid up so I am very antsy to do some DHing and hit the first race of the season.. but god damn - 9-10 hrs from boston + gas makes this a somewhat hard decision..

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Just to be clear I'm pretty sure the Open race is not part of or affiliated with the GES event because it doesn't require a license.

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
The course is super fun... the only problem is the hike to the top after the lift ride. they sometimes had a shuttle truck running up and down that last section.. After the pedaling section at the top the course is flat out. Hold on, no brakes! Maybe a pedal here and there definitely worth the drive in my opinion.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
So does that mean if I race the Open event I'm not as cool as the other kids?
I was just trying to clarify that the Open race is not part of the GES because it does not require a USAC License ...which is what I thought your question was.... I can't comment on your coolness!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
one of my favorite tracks all year, long and fast! the hike up to the top is not bad at all. you guys should race fontana, sometimes you have to hike up the whole mountain to practice. so be thankful! a 2 minute walk is nothing to race massanutten.

see you fools there!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I was just trying to clarify that the Open race is not part of the GES because it does not require a USAC License ...which is what I thought your question was.... I can't comment on your coolness!
Haha, I gotcha. I guess I was just envisioning that the people racing in the Open cat were like the last kids picked for dodgeball.

I unfortunately work on Sundays and the Massnutten race is the only one I've seen on the eastcoast that is on Saturday so it looks like that will be the only one I'll make this year.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm half debating flying out from Reno for this race.
Any word on if there will be lodging deals for racers this year?
It'd be great to see all you VA retards again, kinda miss the "tribe" when I am out here on the west coast.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Haha, I gotcha. I guess I was just envisioning that the people racing in the Open cat were like the last kids picked for dodgeball.

I unfortunately work on Sundays and the Massnutten race is the only one I've seen on the eastcoast that is on Saturday so it looks like that will be the only one I'll make this year.
They did an open class because alot of people didn't want to buy a year license to race cat1 - open class normally ends up stacked

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
one of my favorite tracks all year, long and fast! the hike up to the top is not bad at all. you guys should race fontana, sometimes you have to hike up the whole mountain to practice. so be thankful! a 2 minute walk is nothing to race massanutten.[/b'

see you fools there!

I agree. I hardly even remember the walk. Definitely a fun course.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
That's perfect for my first DH race in a year and a half. :think:
Open class is where it's at! You get to race guys of all ages/ abilities.

I raced it last year and had a blast, stepped up my game fo sho. Lots of shredders keepin it real for bragging rights :thumb:, no serries points tho.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Open class is where it's at! You get to race guys of all ages/ abilities.

I raced it last year and had a blast, stepped up my game fo sho. Lots of shredders keepin it real for bragging rights :thumb:, no serries points tho.
I'm not concerned with series points because this is the only GE race I'm going to make. I guess Open is for me then :thumb:

Bigdroptoflat

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Maryland
Always a good way to kick off the downhill season, is anyone else staying in harrisonburg? hotel at the resort is twice as much and twice as far from the JMU bars

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Always a good way to kick off the downhill season, is anyone else staying in harrisonburg? hotel at the resort is twice as much and twice as far from the JMU bars
You sir should make sure to tell them you're specificly needing the race discount b/c the condos on site are way cheap for the race itself and everyone does a little frat party style walk through out of their tailgates on Friday night.

Or you can stay in town and stare at all the hot college chics and fool yourself into thinking it's "gonna happen tonight".;)

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
i flew out from WA state last year for this race and i will say it was super fun! even the mud bog before the road with the speed trap! awesome rock gardens. so much fun!