Quantcast

Massanutten

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
I went to the massanutten dh race last year and was wondering if anyone had any info on it this year. Their site hasn't changed in a long time so I don't know whats going on.

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
Thanks for all the info. I already emailed them but I might try again because I Haven't gotten a response.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Should be a great race this year now that they have a real mountain...

Got this in a mailing from Massanutten Real Estate folks. Massanutten peak is now above the tree line!!!

Mike

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dartman said:
Should be a great race this year now that they have a real mountain...

Got this in a mailing from Massanutten Real Estate folks. Massanutten peak is now above the tree line!!!

Mike
I don't get it...? oh wait...looked at the pic again. I take it that is a pic from out West...or the Blizzard of '93....?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
i've been thinking about heading up there for this race
What's the course typically like been like?

Thing is I don't think I'll have a DH bike by then and was thinking about using my older SX (rear 4.5" with 6" fork).
You guys think it would be worth the drive considering I'd be doing it on a 4x bike?
Also do they have an HT category?

Looks like a fun, well organized race...from what I've read at least...

Thanks
-J

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
it's a really easy course, a 4x bike would be perfect. you'll probably smoke a bunch of riders on full DH bikes.

they do have a HT category, and it's a fun course on a HT. If you're running sport, it's difficult to get back up on the mtn in time for the 2nd start.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
BigMike said:
Anyone know when the Racers Edge series is going to be announced?

Mike is closing in on his dates, which will include a new venue. The question he is working out is how many times could they use the new venue. Look for some new update in the next week

Charles

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I was in one race 3 years ago in sport class in Washington state. I think I tied for 7th out of 15 that started. Should I enter as beginner or sport for Massanutten?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Transfer said:
I was in one race 3 years ago in sport class in Washington state. I think I tied for 7th out of 15 that started. Should I enter as beginner or sport for Massanutten?

It depends. Have you been doing a lot of DH runs since then? Are you confident in your own abilities?

If you have only ever done one race, in my book, if you want to race beginner, you are still a beginner. If you do DH runs every weekend, you just havent been racing, I would go into sport.

If you are not sure, I think the safest bet would be to enter the first race as beginner, and see how you do. If you podium first time out, you might want to think about moving up. If you come in middle of the pack, stay in beginner.

Thats my 2 cents

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
CHOP said:
The race is Saturday May 13th. Practice is on Friday the 12th....
Dang it! I can't take days off from work late April through August so I miss practice for this race all the time!!!!! I really dislike practicing Saturday morning because everybody's all trying to cram down the mtn. at once... I get like two runs in. Sorry. Had to vent. It's not anyone's fault but mine for still somehow being here at this job.:redhot:

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Dang it! I can't take days off from work late April through August so I miss practice for this race all the time!!!!! I really dislike practicing Saturday morning because everybody's all trying to cram down the mtn. at once... I get like two runs in. Sorry. Had to vent. It's not anyone's fault but mine for still somehow being here at this job.:redhot:

atleast you CAN make it to the race, whilst I have to attend my graduation ceremony and can't get out of that :(