Quantcast

Massive Earthquake

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Holy sht man. This is real bad whats happening.

Glad you're ok.

Hope it doesn't turn expensive lives-wise.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Cities to the south of us have been issued a red alert for tsunami. We are still on yellow and not expecting anything bad. Expected to hit here around 9pm Japan time. No sirens.
Scenes in Tokyo are unprecedented.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Even in the mountains here in Tochigi I am still feeling after shocks.

Not sure how the whole Magnitude rating vs the Japanese classification, but they are reporting the epicenter as 7.2 at a depth of 10km off the coast (三陸沖)

The sendai airports runway is underwater, the first wave tsunami was over 7m in some locations. Nuclear power plants in the area have gone on auto shutoff.

I am speechless...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Its astonishing, an quite the testament to the way things are built there, that so much of your internet is still working. The BBC is conducting an interview with a guy on his webcam right now. The fvcking wind blows around here and we lose our internet, and everything is buried here. :disgust:

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Its astonishing, an quite the testament to the way things are built there, that so much of your internet is still working. The BBC is conducting an interview with a guy on his webcam right now. The fvcking wind blows around here and we lose our internet, and everything is buried here. :disgust:
That's 'Merika for you we're the best...

at failing and not knowing it

Btw I live in the Maryland burbs of D.C. and if an ant sneezes we lose power. In the last 10 months we had around 5 major power outages, most where at least 2 days long.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Yeah Skype is gonna come out of this with an enhanced reputation.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Thanks for all the updates, and safe wishes to yourselves, and the friends and family of those affected by this natural disaster. Keep us posted since the news here in the States hasn't even seemed to scratch the surface of the devastation that I'm hearing from you folks in Japan

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Fck dude. I'm over getting up each morning to hear about disasters...

What is happening in Japan is just unspeakable horror.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
International rescue teams are rushing to Japan after a 8.9-magnitude earthquake and tsunami left more than 1000 dead, at least 10,000 missing and seriously damaged a nuclear power plant.

The world has rallied behind Japan, where tsunami waves up to 10 metres high rolled across the low-lying northeast on Friday, washing away everything in their path.
http://www.theage.com.au/world/world-rushes-aid-to-japan-20110313-1bsoz.html
Compare this to the Kobe earthquake where the Japanese government basically rebuffed any offers of foreign help and were subsequently severely criticised by their own people for prolonging the suffering.