Quantcast

Match Week, or "where toshi will spend the next five years"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
An update:

My radiology years have been good even though Long Island isn't my style, and today I found out what the future has in store for me. In case anyone who doesn't follow me on G+ or FB hasn't read already, I'll be returning to the University of Washington in 2013-2014 for a post-grad year 6 fellowship (yeah, I'm getting old) in body imaging.

With this I'll have come full circle, and coincidentally will be mimicking my father's career path some 22 years ago. He also did radiology in NY, albeit in NYC proper, and then was a body imaging fellow at UW in 1991-1992, iirc.

:banana:

It won't be until 2014 until I'll finally be a full-fledged attending, ready to start paying off my loans and moving on with this "real life" business.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good stuff Toshi.

How's your Fit in a spin on a rain slicked highway?
Thanks.

The Fit will spin with the best of them. :D Actually, it's much more benign than that WRX was. The aftermarket center diff, rotation-happy alignment, and its overboosted engine with nothing off-peak and everything once it hit all conspired to make it want to swap ends.

You'll be happy to know I had no such problems with the RX-8, it's replacement, and won my class at the local autocross several weeks. (Here's the top hit for "Toshi Clark RX-8 autocross", for instance: http://www.bscc.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101:-2007-bscc-event-6&catid=33:2007-season&Itemid=10)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thanks! It's nice to know that I'll be leaving Long Island sooner or later. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Is it really that bad? Tons of nice beaches, plenty of good bike riding going upstate or NJ plus NYC right next door.
I don't like crowded beaches, really don't like traffic (wait: why am I moving back to Seattle again? :D oh yeah: bike commuting), and don't like uppity people. Long Island has too much of all of the above while losing the whole walkable nature of the five boroughs.