Quantcast

maualinng

Discussion in 'Trials' started by DROP, Sep 4, 2005.

1. DROP

DROP Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    IN ride monkey hiding in the downhill forum!!
    ok i guess this has become a bit of an issue latly i can maunal fine not amazingly but a good 30 sometimes 80 feet but i can't jump on to a box and land in a manual so i was wondering how to do it? thanx

#1 -   Sep 4, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Rhyno

Rhyno Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Hey, i'm new to RM and i'm not sure how it works arnound here, but surely if you've started a thread on this in the DH section, thats all thats needed! Sorry if you guys like having multiple threads.

#2 -   Sep 5, 2005
  3. iridebikes

iridebikes Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    its tough. I jsut started figuring out how to do it onto a curb. I've found that you need to (when you're about to land) push the bike out in front of you more. its very odd feeling, but it seems to work. I kept trying to bunny hop, then just try to stay farther back, but you actualy have to push the bike out in front of you more.

I dont' know, that's the best I can describe it. The best I've had so far has been up onto a curb, then manualling about 30 feet before i had to hit the brakes before hitting bushes.... dang...

4. wood-dog

wood-dog Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    and don't forget... practice! And lots of it.

5. arboc!

arboc! Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    stay over the back, and be super easy on the brake

6. dvasis

dvasis Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    ummm.... your not supposed to use your brake when you manual....but its always nice to have a finger there just incase. its just better to learn it the right way first.

7. LostBoyScout

LostBoyScout Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    a touch of the brakes is ok, you can recover from that without dropping the wheel usually, but yes a perfect manual has no use of brakes.

practice fufanus or whatever those things are where you stall on the back wheel then hop backwards. practice on as big a ledge as you can. that will get the motion.

i learned to pedal-up to backtire on stuff from trials before i learned to manual, and i found the hop to manual to be an easy transition because of it. i'm still not that great at manualling but i'm as good with a hop as without.