Quantcast

maualinng

Rhyno

Chimp
Sep 5, 2005
Melbourne Australia
Hey, i'm new to RM and i'm not sure how it works arnound here, but surely if you've started a thread on this in the DH section, thats all thats needed! Sorry if you guys like having multiple threads.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
its tough. I jsut started figuring out how to do it onto a curb. I've found that you need to (when you're about to land) push the bike out in front of you more. its very odd feeling, but it seems to work. I kept trying to bunny hop, then just try to stay farther back, but you actualy have to push the bike out in front of you more.

I dont' know, that's the best I can describe it. The best I've had so far has been up onto a curb, then manualling about 30 feet before i had to hit the brakes before hitting bushes.... dang...

dvasis

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
out hunting hippies
ummm.... your not supposed to use your brake when you manual....but its always nice to have a finger there just incase. its just better to learn it the right way first.

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
a touch of the brakes is ok, you can recover from that without dropping the wheel usually, but yes a perfect manual has no use of brakes.

practice fufanus or whatever those things are where you stall on the back wheel then hop backwards. practice on as big a ledge as you can. that will get the motion.

i learned to pedal-up to backtire on stuff from trials before i learned to manual, and i found the hop to manual to be an easy transition because of it. i'm still not that great at manualling but i'm as good with a hop as without.