Quantcast

Mav Gurus

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Hi all - I'm new to Mac and FREAKING LOVE them -

Computers have become fun again!

So here's my pickle - I have been using time machine on my external harddrive. Today I bought an Airport Extreme and attached that same harddrive to it.

Well time machine isn't picking up my old backups - it wants to start all over. Is there a way I can point time machine to the old backups?

Thanks

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Have up updated the mac as well as the airport? They only enabled time machine over the airport network with an airport extreme relatively recently.

Is the drive formatted mac HFS+ Journaled?

In time machine prefs you can choose disk and that may work, you didn't mention if it was recognizing it at all etc. From what i understand, time machine can be a bit picky over airport.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Have up updated the mac as well as the airport? They only enabled time machine over the airport network with an airport extreme relatively recently.

Is the drive formatted mac HFS+ Journaled?

In time machine prefs you can choose disk and that may work, you didn't mention if it was recognizing it at all etc. From what i understand, time machine can be a bit picky over airport.
Yeah it was formatted mac HFS - I ended up just formatting the drive and starting backups over again

thanks for the post