Quantcast

Mavic Crossline wheelset

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
What's the 25% code? i need to get a jacket cuz I'm heading off to the Olympics in Feb.

edit: crap, coupon? Was this is a mailer?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
What's the 25% code? i need to get a jacket cuz I'm heading off to the Olympics in Feb.

edit: crap, coupon? Was this is a mailer?
A new REI is opening here next weekend. I got an invitation to go to the "freinds and family" pre-opening walk through. Coupon is only good for this event.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Lucky you!

As for the wheelset, I've no experience with that one. BUT, Mavic quality with REI's return policy isn't a bad combination. Go for it.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I've been REALLY happy with my Crossmax SXs this season. The Crosslines seems to be similar but use a more "traditional" straight-pull spokes. Give 'em a try!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Can you go IN the store and order it online at one of their kiosks? :) Get 'em with a technicality.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Can you go IN the store and order it online at one of their kiosks? :) Get 'em with a technicality.
The guy helping me was going to do that, but the manager cut him off. Its all good, I really need to wait till after Christmas before I spend a bunch of money anyway. And I'm guessing with a store like REI there is some kind of sale going on all the time.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I might be a little late here, but I do like those wheels. I have them on my 4X bike. Mavic's wheelsets that are one step down from their DeeMax/CrossMax models are a great value 1/2 the price of the high end ones. They're are a little heavier and not tubeless. But they're also not nearly as expensive.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I might be a little late here, but I do like those wheels. I have them on my 4X bike. Mavic's wheelsets that are one step down from their DeeMax/CrossMax models are a great value 1/2 the price of the high end ones. They're are a little heavier and not tubeless. But they're also not nearly as expensive.
Thanks for the info