Quantcast

Mavic Crosslines or Deetraks?

DTLogic

Monkey
Aug 16, 2006
South Fla
I am looking to replace the Outlaws on my Glory. I like the engagement on the 2010 Mavic hubs and am trying to decide whether to go with the Crosslines or Deetraks. I like the weight savings of the Crosslines but they seem like they will be too light duty for DH. Anyone have experience with either?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He needs to know this so that he can then recommend a completely different wheel that you didn't ask about. Standard ridemonkey procedure. :thumb:
Wasn't going to recommend something else necessarily, but if improved engagement is all he's after, Mavic isn't necessarily where to look. I had the older model deetracks, and the engagement was pretty poor. Not enough to substantially differentiate them from a set of outlaws. Dunno about the new ones, which is why I asked.

The hubs use the ITS4. 4 pawl system.
How many degrees of engagement?

Tracer Tong

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
I'm 240 and I've raced dh on my crosslines. It was a SMOOTH course for a dh course, but it was a dh race. I've also done lots of miles on them xc/am and they're still like new.

I bought the mavic protection stuff when I got the wheels so I don't worry about them, I just ride them however I want and if there's a problem I'm not worried.