Quantcast

Mavic in receivership

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Are you fond of the pajamas or the tape post?

Also that rear brake adapter looks flexy.
Is there anything in that pic not to be fond of? The sport watch, the bad ass "My War" sticker, the kit, the list goes on. Seriously, what frame is that? One? It looks like a Cove Shocker to me. Can't make out the shock either, but it I'm sure it was par excellence.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The spokes would be under slightly more strain with axial loads, I'd imagine a rigger or an E engineer would be able to work out some numbers, doubt it would be much.

When searching for Superboost Plus hubs I came across Trailmech, it's completely unrelated but there is some pretty nice info on different types of hub engagement.

View attachment 144973
It seems strange that he used that pic for the CK mechanism, it doesn't really show how it works, which is more akin to the one on the far right. The DT swiss is fairly simple, but something like this would say a lot more than the ring-drive that looks to be the same as DT. Those angular splines are key:

1589247753937.png

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
It seems strange that he used that pic for the CK mechanism, it doesn't really show how it works, which is more akin to the one on the far right. The DT swiss is fairly simple, but something like this would say a lot more than the ring-drive that looks to be the same as DT. Those angular splines are key:

View attachment 145000
King hubs ftw in my book.

@jackalope
Um, dude, WTF are you wearing there?

Don't front, we know it's you.

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
F*** yeah! I always wanted one of those jerseys. It was called quasar or something. Sick!

Edit: How did that rear post mount not snap off??
Also that rear brake adapter looks flexy.
haha, i still ride one of those old coves. the dropouts are flexy as fuck and would snap before the adapter - i had one loose bolt and cracked it. Even with stronger NSB dropouts and thicker adapter the caliper still visibly moves.

Attachments