Quantcast

<@> Maximum FTS Friderp<@>

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Day 12 in a row of all work and no play ...fuck this shit. Boss called me after 10 hours of road warrior yesterday and asked if I would be willing to take a Bariatric Wheelchair client from Hayward to Antioch at Rush hour. I replied hell no. That would have been another 3 hours out there.

first morning that it has been in the mid 30s. Actually have the heater on in the house

gonna wear a down Jacket this morning, but first espresso

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What up, bruhffle sprouts!! Swam 2500 fast-for-me yards early this morning. Folks be complaining at the pool when the water is unusually warm, and I'm all like this is awesome. Got a run and a bike workout to cram in today too, per usual on my Fridays.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rainy Friday. Hopefully not too much rain so the trials are soggy for tomorrow. Might just ride the road bike if my riding buddy does not recover as he called in sick today.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Snowed a bit yesterday so trails are fucked for a couple of days, and I haven't quite switched mentally into ski-mode yet.
Brrrr, chilly morning.

@6thElement how much snow up yonder? there is maybe 3 wet heavy inches here. (ha!)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
schools are closed due to janitorial strike. kids are supposed to home school today. wife is out of town visiting a friend. I took the day off work since trying to keep my boys apart and not fighting is a full time job. I think I will try to get them to work a little this morning, then will try and go for a ride this afternoon...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Kart shop is closed today, because they're travelling to a National. I need a tire tool, so this is going to be a not fun process. All of the tires will be sitting by the fireplace to get warmed up so that I can change them by hand. Maybe I can borrow a tool from someone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Here.

Kart shop is closed today, because they're travelling to a National. I need a tire tool, so this is going to be a not fun process. All of the tires will be sitting by the fireplace to get warmed up so that I can change them by hand. Maybe I can borrow a tool from someone.
Moto shop

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
You're assuming I have both beads on the rim. I can't get the second bead onto the rim. There is a 120psi air compressor in my garage; beading won't be an issue.
It's almost like there should be specialty equipment for changing tires and balancing wheels in motorsports.
syrsly dude, this is her race cart. get it done right.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well look at this Jim, its actually Friday!

::party::

Tomorrow is looking SO DAMN GOOD. Its going to be 70freedom sunny units and we have a few folks coming to ride. STOKED. Going to leave a little early and stash a few beers in a dead tree at the midway point near a road.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's almost like there should be specialty equipment for changing tires and balancing wheels in motorsports.
syrsly dude, this is her race cart. get it done right.
I know! They didn't have one in stock last week. It's backordered and was supposed to be in this week. He even showed me how to do it by hand, of I needed to in the interim. I just am struggling with the process right now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
tall bike jousting....nyc

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Quick story time with uncle GFF, gather around kids,

So yesterday the old Elmers were gathered at the front of the RV resort office as I was paying the rent, We started chatting about things and they asked about all the sights I have been researching and finding, they were 3rd gen locals and were excited to see someone tracing the history and checking out the cool stuff.

One of the old timers handed me a hand-drawn map on the back of a telegraph that his grandad drew around the 20's of some old mine sites and caves where he had found some Spaniard and Aztec relics in. They had never been able to figure out the hand drawn map but with my old layers that I had curated and geo referenced via Avenza and Gaia over the years and some googling, I was able to determine the 4 locations probably within a hundred yards of accuracy.

Today is scouting day for said waypoints. If found I will gear up with my caving gear, gas detector, snake gaiters and other tools to verify internally once found.

1667576423446.png

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

So yesterday the old Elmers were gathered at the front of the RV resort office as I was paying the rent, We started chatting about things and they asked about all the sights I have been researching and finding, they were 3rd gen locals and were excited to see someone tracing the history and checking out the cool stuff.

One of the old timers handed me a hand-drawn map on the back of a telegraph that his grandad drew around the 20's of some old mine sites and caves where he had found some Spaniard and Aztec relics in. They had never been able to figure out the hand drawn map but with my old layers that I had curated and geo referenced via Avenza and Gaia over the years and some googling, I was able to determine the 4 locations probably within a hundred yards of accuracy.

Today is scouting day for said waypoints. If found I will gear up with my caving gear, gas detector, snake gaiters and other tools to verify internally once found.

View attachment 184224
Don't look into the Ark.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

View attachment 184224
I thought shit was too dangerous for an excursion into the hills! A little hand drawn map and a good story and all fucks went out the window. Atta boy. Give em hell and don't forget the traction mats.