Quantcast

Maxle for 06 WC

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
So I managed to ruin my Boxxer maxle that was in there and I am in the market for a new one. I was trying to find a maxle 360 that will fit my 06 Boxxer wordcup. Does anyone know if this is doable? and if it is where can I get one? Otherwise is anyone sporting a fork of this year and what are you rocking?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I rounded mine off last week too, so now I have to undo the internals totally, and use a 10mm allen key where the 6mm->10mm bit normally sits. Anyone got a spare one of those they could bung me, is all I need, reluctant to pay $25 for it!

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
why not just run it empty and remove with the 10mm allen key?

12 moar grams off!! ;)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
1) if you run it empty you dont have the expanding cone to stop it coming undone.
2) I don't want to carry a 10mm allen key when I'd normally settle for a multitool!

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
More importantly where are these available. I tried to order them from a few different places and apparently they are on backorder...and have been for a while.. I have no axle at the moment and I am missing riding because of it.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
1) if you run it empty you dont have the expanding cone to stop it coming undone.
2) I don't want to carry a 10mm allen key when I'd normally settle for a multitool!
I ran my boxxer all last year without the internals as they broke and I couldn't buy a new maxle anywhere.

Didn't back out at all and never loosed up.

If you need to run it that way for a little bit, go ahead but check it after each day of riding just in case.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
More importantly where are these available. I tried to order them from a few different places and apparently they are on backorder...and have been for a while.. I have no axle at the moment and I am missing riding because of it.
Hey if you need an axle give me a call, you can borrow mine...not going to be riding anytime soon, may have blown out my other knee. If you still have my number give me a call...or just pm me. Remember I can order you a new one if you need the current version of the axle.