Quantcast

Maxxis 1.5 ply dhf???

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
ok I have been looking for 1.5 ply minions but can't find them anywhere. All BTI and QBP carry are the 2.5 exo folding 1ply tires in 60d. Are these the tire people are calling 1.5 ply? Also I can't find these in 3c, they only have one model listed for 3c exo it is dh casing wire bead.

Last edited:

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
the EXO is their new tire.

I found the DHF 3c here https://www.shopmaxxis.com/b2c/ under mountain tires...

Probably taking a bit of time for distributors to get them.. GIve BTI and QBP a call to find their eta.

Up here in Canada only the 60a DHF EXO's are available.. the 3c's should be available around Interbike time...

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
It is folding bead..

those are the ones.
in the qbp and bti websites they only have the 60a folding 2.5 exo
and the 3c DH 2.5 exo listed as of now. They are not sure when the 2.5 3c exo folding will be in:(

exo is an extra layer of sidewall protection, similar to Conti's protection and Schwable's snake skin

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
how exactly would half a ply work?
Only thing I can think of is its inbetween the standard single ply and the DH which is probably the exo casing making it a bit thicker. Which is like the snakeskin on Schwalbe, its thicker than the maxxis single but not as thick as the DH.
Good for them its nicer to have a bit thicker sidewall on a single ply and not have to suffer the weight of a DH casing at all times..
:thumb:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Only thing I can think of is its inbetween the standard single ply and the DH which is probably the exo casing making it a bit thicker. Which is like the snakeskin on Schwalbe, its thicker than the maxxis single but not as thick as the DH.
Good for them its nicer to have a bit thicker sidewall on a single ply and not have to suffer the weight of a DH casing at all times..
:thumb:
that is exactly what it is like. I have a set I ordered to check them out. They thicker then the Schwable dd tires and the Conti 2.4 Trail king (Rubber Queen) but not as heavy as a DH tire. Also the new Maxxis 2.5 is larger then the older 2.5 Maxxis

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
the EXO folding does not have the same 3C compound as the DH 3C dual-ply that you may be familiar with... search for the other EXO threads for more about this.