Quantcast

Maxxis 2.4 Holy Roller

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Howdy.

How important is it to be able to use one of these tires in the rear? Even maxxis has conceeded someone might be able get by with a 2.2.

It's certainly not a popular size around here, but maybe it is in other parts of the country/world?

They don't fit the Howie protos, and I'm trying do decide if that even matters. The problem isn't width, but height. Everything else slams (within reason) execpt these. I'd hate make the DO's larger to accomdate a tire which in my view is sort of dinosaur.

Thanks,

L

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i dont see a need for the 2.4 out back really, unless you have rocky trails. but for street and groomed trails/dj's 2.2 is enough. I ran a 2.4 and now 2.2 halo's at my spot. i notice no real difference.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
2.4's are unneeded out back.
I've even got a Holy Roller 1.85!

but I'd say stick to around 2.1 as a good average bet. If somebody is looking to the Howie for layin' down stripes at a drag race with a fatty out back or for tractor pull action, then they are looking at the wrong vehicle.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
2.2 halo tiwn rail works well for me.
Same here. I'm loving those suckers... they roll so damn fast and smooth. And they grip suprisingly well on the loose, rocky trails.

Yeah, like everyone else has said, I don't think it's a big issue if that tire won't fit. Most people will be running something smaller. Just make it be known that it won't work with that tire (which you kind of already have) and you should be fine.

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Thanks for the feedback.

The Kenda 2.3 small block 8 fits, slammed, with plenty of wobble room. Sounds like that oughta be enough.

It is a good idea to include what can and can't work with a bike, and I'll include that with these bikes.

-L

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
ya, like others have said 2.4 holyroller in back isn't a popular choice at all these days from what i know...i run a 2.2 rear and 2.4 front. if the 2.3 SM 8 fits then it's all good. those tires look good, im hoping to get one off a friend of mine to try out. your bikes rule landon!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Do you guys run same size F/R or Smaller R?

I'm using the tioga 2.3 but thinking of 2.1.. Any comments on them?
I usually use a slightly smaller rear, but occasionally the same size.

I've been messing around with a few different combos in the past few months, ranging from 2.3 Kiniption to a 1.85 holy roller in the rear, and then on to a 2.1 Tioga FS100 in the front and rear, and now either a Tioga CompIII 2.125 in the front or a Schwalbe TableTop 2.25 front which I like best so far mated to the FS100 rear... a lot of choices out there, but depends on what you ride, obviously...