Quantcast

Maxxis Ardent

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
You read my mind I was wanting to ask the same thing, about to do a tire order...

Looks pretty cool, wondering if the 2.25 will be good for slalom 4x?
They need a good tire for DS/4x I had heard they were doin the Advantage in a 2.35 this year but, don't see it on the site?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
anyone knows where to find 2.25 Ardent's? I've been looking for a while now but simply cannot find them anywhere. Even the online Maxxis store doesn't have them listed.

I did try to e-mail Maxxis via their web site - but no replies :disgust:

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
anyone knows where to find 2.25 Ardent's? I've been looking for a while now but simply cannot find them anywhere. Even the online Maxxis store doesn't have them listed.

They only make them in a 2.60 and a 2.40

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
You have to look under multiple categories to see them all.

2.25 and 2.4 single-ply 60durometer
2.4 and 2.6 2-ply 60durometer
2.4 and 2.6 2-ply 3c

Edit: these are what will be available in the US

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

Luc - if you're REALLY into getting a set I found a german online retailer that was selling some... unfortunately I don't have the address. But - they are out there.

Like many have stated at I-Bike, the Ardent looks to have a tread pattern that is a cross between a Minion and High Roller. This is an oversimplification, but that's what it looks like. Not sure how it will handle, but interested to find out. Definitely looks like a self-cleaning design with the wide lug (knob) spacing...