Quantcast

Maxxis croosmark tyres

Waddic

Chimp
Jun 17, 2006
Was just looking on a website and found this tyre. The description of the tyre sounds good.

Has anyone heard of these?

Has anyone used one of these tyres?
What are they like?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I just ran into an ad for them about a month ago or so. I think they are pretty new. Unfortunately have yet to hear from anyone else who has tried them out. The tread pattern on the center knobs looks too closely spaced for my local terrain. Seems like they may be fast but may have a hard time sticking to roots and logs.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
I've been running them on my hardtail for the last three to four months and they rock! I live in the desert and ride primarily rocky/sandy terrain These tires have held up well to some of my bonehead stunts (dropping into washes, etc.) and kept me on the bike when the front tire should have washed out and pitched me off. I ride this bike two to three times a week and the tires are still showing no signs of wear unlike the Nevegals on one of my other bikes. They get a big gold star in my book.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
My experience is they fall kinda inbetween a Larsen TT and the Ignitors. They roll about th same as the TTs, brakeing seems to be a little less than a TT, but they bite in the corners better. I'll probably use one in the front with a TT in the rear for hardpack, to loose over hardpack when i run out of my Mimos i have stashed. Once it get to medium to loose, I'd probably run Ignitors.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Zutroy said:
My experience is they fall kinda inbetween a Larsen TT and the Ignitors. They roll about th same as the TTs, brakeing seems to be a little less than a TT, but they bite in the corners better. I'll probably use one in the front with a TT in the rear for hardpack, to loose over hardpack when i run out of my Mimos i have stashed. Once it get to medium to loose, I'd probably run Ignitors.
You must be my brother from a different mutha. I still have 2 sets of mimo's though ( i bought a bunch on closeout.) I also have 2 sets of TT's waiting and 1 new set of ignitors waiting for my trip to colorado.
the CM's really dont feel that different to me than the TT's. They roll FAST and if you lean over on the side lug they will hookup awesome like. kind of slight off center turning can be sketchy in dusty sandy conditions.
rocks - they roxor on them
wet roots – find another tire

dry dusty hardpack conditions these tires perform their best.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
The Toninator said:
You must be my brother from a different mutha. I still have 2 sets of mimo's though ( i bought a bunch on closeout.) I also have 2 sets of TT's waiting and 1 new set of ignitors waiting for my trip to colorado.
the CM's really dont feel that different to me than the TT's. They roll FAST and if you lean over on the side lug they will hookup awesome like. kind of slight off center turning can be sketchy in dusty sandy conditions.
rocks - they roxor on them
wet roots – find another tire

dry dusty hardpack conditions these tires perform their best.

I've got a nice little stash of Mimos in normal and Exception...:) Bummer they stopped making them, i know a bunch of guys who liked them.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
The Toninator said:
i like the TT better than the mimo but when the mimo exceptions were $10, i couldnt pass it up.

The I like a TT in the rear but a Mino in the front, it seems to be alittle more predictable when connering.