Quantcast

Maxxis DH tires for $29.99ea (any model/compound/size!!!)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
squarewheels said:
deal!
where do we meet for mailboxes? i live right off Nobel, so if anyone's near me can i catch a ride (i ain't got no car)? or if it's close i'll just ride there.
Where is Nobel? No need for a car in SC anyway! Depending on where exactly we want to ride will decide where we should meet up. I think an afternoon ride would be good for me but I'll figure it out today. Mailboxes itself is short so usually we ride a few trails or loop it multiple times. Typically I like to ride one of the UC trails and then go over to mailboxes or vise versa starting from HWY 9/Wilder/Twin gates. Are you down to ride for a few hours with some moderate pedaling or mostly looking to cruise?

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Nobel is off of Meder and Bay, just down from the base of campus.
afternoon is good. i'm not a fan of morning rides. maybe meet up at 3ish? it doesn't much matter to me, anytime is fine. i'm totally down to ride for a few hours with good pedaling. i don't mind climbing, either. i like the idea of hitting the UC trails and Wilder too. those UC trails rule

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I totaled up the individual costs to simplify things for you guys, this is what it comes out to.

Ender:
4 tires @ $35.75 = $143.00 ($147.29 PayPal)

Dirty South:
3 tires @ $35.75 = $107.25 ($110.47 PayPal)

Raacerx:
2 tires @ $35.75 = $71.50 ($73.65 Paypal)

Acadian:

Surfinguru:

goin' medium

Squarewheels:

Let's start arranging how to distribute these bad boys come Monday. Maybe we can possibly arrange a meeting spot in the greater San Jose area for one of the weeknights next week. We could all get together and divvy 'em up. (Brittania arms downtown? I was just over there the other night and they have some nice new talent!)

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Howdy,
Since I only have a DH bike and NO fitness right now, I would be up for a shuttle tomorrow. I drive a highlander that can take 3 bike 3 people. Interested? Feel free to give me a call (510) 329-9451. I don't check email/online over the weekend (after around 4pm today) . I'd be up for anything, but M-boxes and dead campers are favorites.

Scott

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
ok guys I think it's on for tomorrow afternoon. call me, I won't be around the computer from here out. my # is 408-607-1663. Still not sure if we are shuttling or sort of XC-ing but I don't care as long as we ride...

Rich, I'll PM you monday about payment, hopefully by then the tires will be here. It's between you and Scott to figure out how you guys want to deal with your end of payment, pick up etc. Scott, squarewheels, gimme a call and we'll work out the details for tomorrow then.

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
ok. I'm leaving for Whistler on Fri so, unless they come wed or thurs I won't be able to pick them up for a week.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
just checked the tracking #'s and the tires are already in SC and "out for delivery" so I should see them today! They shipped in 3 boxes but only charged us shipping for 2!

tracking #'s:

1z91ar250345911434

1z91ar250345966046

1z91ar250347382655

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
laydeeths and gintlmenths,

we have tires! UPS just dropped off three big ass boxes full'o tires!

Chaz, Rich, Raacer, call me/post so we can divvy up locally, I will be at work for another hour or so if anyone wants to stop by (downtown). Other monkeys, let's pin down a time either tomorrow or friday night (I will be riding Thursday night) to get together in San Jose or something...

I am stoked!

-Sean
408-607-1663

Raacerx

Monkey
Nice! I posted in your Shuttle thread too, but Im trying to head back home to Santa Cruz tonight so Ill be riding Wednesday and Thursday. Love to pick up those tires because Im sick of running my Mobster in the back.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
*Dirty South,

The 2.35 High Roller you ordered is a single casing, is that what you wanted? all the others are DH casing, Mike (@ Beyond Bikes) said he thought all of the tires were DH but the 2.35's aren't I guess. Is this a big problem for you? You're other tires are all DH as are all tires larger than 2.35...

*EDIT*
It also just occurred to me that SC 2.35 tires were offered to me @ $19.99ea. I was charged $29.99 for your 1) 2.35" tire but I don't feel comfortable calling for a $10 refund seeing as they (Mike) really took care of us and hooked up on the shipping (2/3 actual cost!) I am offering to cover the $10 discrepancy if you are bummed on getting a singly casing tire.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I separated them up and they are all ready to be picked up/delivered if you look reeeeeealy close you can read your name...

I am saying any :dancing: 's that want to pick them up, let's meet tomorrow evening in the greater SJ area somewhere and git 'er done! I know Ender would have to meet before 5pm so maybe I can meet him earlier and then whatever...what works best for y'all?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Frank, I just got your VM message, sorry I was on the other line with a business call. Tomorrow is good anytime really before 6pm. Also "Ronny Grady" is coming over from the bay area somewhere to ride here tomorrow, maybe he could pick them up and you could pick them up from him somewhere closer to you...If he can swing that. try PM'ing him...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I just delivered tires to Chaz and met up with Rich, so this is how it sits as of now...

Punkassean:
1) 2.7 Minion DH/F Slow Reezay
1) 2.5 High Roller Slow Reezay

Ender: PAID/RECEIVED
1) 2.7 High Roller Slow Reezay
1) 2.7 High Roller comp 60
1) 2.5 High Roller comp 60

Dirty South: PAID/RECEIVED
1) 2.7 Minion DH/F comp 60
1) 2.35 High Roller comp 60

Raacerx: NOT RECEIVED
2) 2.5 High Roller Super Tacky

Acadian: NOT RECEIVED
1) 2.7 Minon DH/F Slow Reezay

Surfinguru: PAID/RECEIVED
2) 2.7 High Roller SlowReezay

goin' medium: PAID/RECEIVED
1) 2.7 High Roller Slow Reezay

Squarewheels: PAID/RECEIVED
2) 2.5 High Roller comp 60

RaacerX, are you back in SC now? I can meet you anytime today...

*EDIT* updated status

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Luc,
Andy (Dirty South) will be coming around this weekend to pick up his and Franks (Ender) tires, He lives in Menlo Park. Do you want him to pick yours up and then you guys could work something out to meet? Do you live in the East bay or the peninsula?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
punkassean said:
Luc,
Andy (Dirty South) will be coming around this weekend to pick up his and Franks (Ender) tires, He lives in Menlo Park. Do you want him to pick yours up and then you guys could work something out to meet? Do you live in the East bay or the peninsula?
check your PMs bro...

PS: I live in Milpitas

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
goin' medium said:
Luc,
Sean is on his way to the glory that is Whistler. Took off on the 10th. He'll be back in a week or 2.

Scott
haha...and I just got back last night! oh well, will get in touch with him when he gets back - no rush on the tires...

thanks bro.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'm back...

Got in last night around 7pm. Off to Tahoe for the weekend, be back monday. Luc, I got your tires just let me know whenever...In fact maybe on the way to Tahoe, I will be rolling right through Milpitas?

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Welcome Back Sean,
Did Whistler kick as much ass as always? I am heading to Tahoe (N*) tomorrow with my wife. Are you riding? Where? Feel free to give me a call if you want to meet up.

It sucks. Another buddy of mine is riding Whistler RIGHT NOW, and here I sit stuck in a cube... :nopity: For the record, yes I'm jealous

Scott

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
It was quite nice indeed!

I stacked on the first day (in the rain) on the national DH course and sprained my wrist but after 1-1/2 days off and a tight wrap I was good to go. I still have severe bruising all down my thigh and lots of other places but all in all it was worth it as always! Garbonzo runs are sweet! Very natural, rugged singletrack for miles and the improvements to the lower mountain are also nice.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
punkassean said:
I'm back...

Got in last night around 7pm. Off to Tahoe for the weekend, be back monday. Luc, I got your tires just let me know whenever...In fact maybe on the way to Tahoe, I will be rolling right through Milpitas?
around what time? when?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
The total is $71.50 and I will be rolling through possibly tonight 8-9pm but most likely tomorrow around 10am. How was your Whistler trip?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
punkassean said:
The total is $71.50 and I will be rolling through possibly tonight 8-9pm but most likely tomorrow around 10am. How was your Whistler trip?
that was like $30 each + shipping right?

I won't be there tomorrow at 10am...I'll be somewhere riding :(

Tonight I'll be there tho...well should be.

Whistler was off the hook bro...great trip. But like you took a digger early in the week, but the bike took most of the beating ;)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Luc, yup the tires were $29.99ea. and with tax and shipping it came to $35.75ea.

I doubt if we will leave tonight but if we do, that would be a good time to meet, otherwise, what about on the way back from Tahoe on Sunday night? will you be around then?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
punkassean said:
Luc, yup the tires were $29.99ea. and with tax and shipping it came to $35.75ea.

I doubt if we will leave tonight but if we do, that would be a good time to meet, otherwise, what about on the way back from Tahoe on Sunday night? will you be around then?
Sunday night would be mint!!! I'll PM you my cell phone number....just let me know around what time you'll be over (you can call Sunday that would be fine)

thanks bro..
- Luc

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
got yer PM, I will call you when I am getting close probably around 9-10pm(maybe earlier), if that's not too late...

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
punkassean said:
got yer PM, I will call you when I am getting close probably around 9-10pm(maybe earlier), if that's not too late...
nah that's cool...and it pretty easy to get to my crib from 680....do you need direction now so you can print them out?

thanks again..