Quantcast

Maxxis Medusa

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
I was looking at getting a pair of these in 1.80 for an upcoming race. (Really wish I had them in Telluride this weekend) Anyways, I ride Mavic Crossmax SLR Disc wheels and was wondering if these could be used at tubeless. I know a lot of people that use regular tires as tubeless tires but will these work good? Will they hold up to a lot of hard riding? Will they hold up ok with rock gardens and technical rocky sections? Thanks.

L

luelling

I don't run them personally, but I bet they will hold up. I ran the Larsen tires (which are thin as hell on the sidewalls) with Stans tubeless setup with no problem. Mine were a bitch to seal, but once they did I was good to go.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
how are the crossmax slr's? are they worth the 1k price tag? been thinking about picking up a set for my new xc bike.

sorry i have nothing of importance to say about your orig. question.

matt

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
I love them. I think they are defidently worth the grand you spend on them. I beat the crap out of them and they hold up great. I'd recommend them but thats just me. These wheels and bike are the first XC bike i've ever had. I'm pretty new to the sport of XC but not to biking overall.