Quantcast

Maxxis super tacky vs slow reezay

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Getting ready to order some tires. I have used both of the compounds over the years with good results. Ive just never really paid attention to how fast they wore out. Which one is better for tration vs durablity. I want which ever will last me the longest vs replacing them every weekend.
Thanks

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
slow reezay is dead dude.
Get some 3c's, excellent wear/grip balance

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Dennis,

The 3C's are great. I had a pair on my M1 last year from Duryea to closing weekend at the shoe. They held up fantastic and I'll probably be riding on them well into this season.

Mike

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
3C if you prioritize durability over a slight increase in traction. I doubt most people would notice the difference between 3C and 42D. 3C and SRY definatly last longer than 42D. That said, 42D does have slightly more traction.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Dennis,

The 3C's are great. I had a pair on my M1 last year from Duryea to closing weekend at the shoe. They held up fantastic and I'll probably be riding on them well into this season.

Mike
Thanks Mike. That is all I need to know. Will probably go with Minion DHF for front and rear

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
slow reezay is dead dude.
Get some 3c's, excellent wear/grip balance
Actually - can't you still get them (40a Slow Reezay) at ChainReactionCycles in the UK???

As for wear characteristics:

42a Super Tacky - knobs tear off and chunk-out after a bit of surface wear. Benefit: knobs hold their edges longer than 40a SRY

40a Slow Reezay - wears down like a pencil eraser - very predicatable wear with little or no tearing off of knobs. Benefit: knobs less likely to tear off, but the edges round-off more quickly.

3C - 42a center tread with 40a edges. Best of Both worlds.

:)